An officer with the Athens (GA) Police Department and two construction workers were hospitalized Monday morning after the three individuals suffered exposure to paint fumes inside a large water tank.
According to WHNT-TV, Sergeant Katrina Flanagan responded to a call that a worker who had been painting the inside of the tank became overwhelmed by the fumes and became unresponsive.
Sergeant Flanagan and a second construction company employee entered the tank in an effort to rescue the man, and Sgt. Flanagan gave her breathing device to the accompanying employee after he complained of trouble breathing. Flanagan then was also overcome.
All three were extracted from the tank by Athens Fire and Rescue and transported to a nearby hospital for treatment.