Alek Minassian, the man accused of plowing into Toronto pedestrians with a rented van on Monday, was charged Tuesday with 10 counts of first-degree murder, reports CNN.
The 25-year-old is also charged with 13 counts of attempted murder. Authorities said another count of attempted murder likely will be added.
Investigators are still trying to determine the motive behind the attack, which left 10 people dead and 14 hurt.
So far, officials aren't calling the attack an act of terrorism. "There would appear to be no national security connection," Canadian Public Safety Minister Ralph Goodale said.
But Toronto Police Chief Mark Saunders said, "It's very clear just from a general perspective to say that the actions definitely look deliberate."