Two hotel housekeepers in Vermont were hospitalized Wednesday after they unknowingly ate marijuana edibles, according to a report by Fox News.
“Two employees at the Inn at Shelburne Farms fell ill this morning after ingesting something that came from outside of Shelburne Farms. They have been taken to the hospital and we hope they will make a full recovery soon. We are doing our best to be careful about protecting the privacy of our employees,” the hotel said in a statement to the Burlington Free Press.
The “salted caramel chocolates” — which looked similar to the popular “Whoppers” malted milk balls candy — were so potent that one of the two women was found lying in the driveway of the hotel.
Shelburne police told the Burlington Free Press that the couple who left the candy in their room when they checked out would not be charged.