An officer with the Wareham (MA) Police Department responding to an overdose call was exposed to Fentanyl over the weekend, according to WickedLocal.com.
Police were dispatched to the scene on Saturday—the third overdose call for the department that day—to discover one man unresponsive with another man attempting potentially life-saving measures.
The officer took over patient care and administered Narcan to the unresponsive man. Soon thereafter, the officer began to feel dizzy and disoriented.
EMS responding to the scene transported the officer to a nearby hospital where he was treated and released.