As the demand increases for law enforcement professionals to invest in on-body camera systems, Elbeco is excited to launch the BodyShield External Vest Carrier – the World's First Smart Uniform, according to the company.
It's the third generation of its kind, now integrating a whole new generation of smart uniform technology -- now smarter with technological advancements and distinctive, battled-tested, durable fabric for ultimate protection. Elbeco says its focus and commitment continues to be its customers – the Occupational Athletes – and the company has listened to their constructive comments, their wants and needs, and to what the industry is saying. BodyShield is the solution for on-body camera surveillance systems, according to the company.
New benefits include:
- It's Smart. Body-worn camera systems can rely on BodyShield's ability to be secure, on-body camera/integrated communication technology ready.
- It's Resilient. The 600-denier Syntex Polyester fabric offers stain and liquid repellency to maintain color through daily law enforcement deterioration.
- It's Secure. The stealth cummerbund zippered waist closure includes a front-to-back side FastLock Closure System. Together they are designed for ease of donning and doffing, securing closure, and preventing the vest from riding up or being pulled apart.
Additional new features include:
- Anti-microbial mesh lining with vertical opening, which is lightweight, blocks bacteria formation while minimizing odors.
- Nano Fluid Repellency technology enhances fibers at the molecular level keeping the wearer dry and comfortable while the fabric maintains its natural breathability.
- Large hidden document pocket extends the width of the chest, with zipper closure and dual pass-through to access ballistic cover.
- Zipper opening on placket with camera mount tab on front placket.
- Dual access front chest pockets, with back bellows and FastLock fasteners.
- Loose functional shoulder straps. Interior shoulder openings under straps accommodates mic clip.
- Pencil opening in both flaps; pencil compartment in left chest pocket.
- Badge tab eyelets above left chest pocket.
- Tunnel loops on inside lining accommodate VSS1 Suspension System.
- Reshaped neck opening to be wider.
- Factory certified, designed to house any body armor manufacturer's vest in its existing concealable carrier.
- Available in 20 stock sizes.
The BodyShield Vest Carrier will be available on shelves April 2016, offered in Midnight Navy (V3114B), Black (V3110B), and Tan (V3112B). For more information visit Elbeco's website at http://elbeco.com/product/bodyshield-vest-carrier/.
Since 1907, Elbeco has been manufacturing quality uniforms for law enforcement, Fire/EMS, transportation, and postal professionals worldwide. Headquartered in Reading, PA, Elbeco continues to be privately owned and operated and is the largest employer of union sewers in the uniform industry. Company products include a wide range of coordinated shirts, pants, performance polos, and base layers and waterproof/breathable outerwear. Elbeco products are available through its international network of 400+ authorized dealers. For more information, visit www.elbeco.com.