Zebra Technologies Corporation has announced the launch of the new ZQ500 mobile printer series for field-based applications. Zebra will debut the ZQ500 series this week in booth #1552 at the ProMat 2015 conference in Chicago.
The 3-inch ZQ510 and 4-inch ZQ520 printers are portable, print-on-demand devices that combine a military-grade design with simple functionality for printing solutions for the transportation and logistics, manufacturing, and government markets.
"Zebra's new ZQ500 mobile printer series is the industry's most rugged printer and specifically designed to withstand the bumps, drops, and environmental extremes that are common in field environments. With an intuitive user display and the latest Link-OS environment, the ZQ500 series is easy to set up, use, manage, and maintain," says Keith LeFebvre, vice president, Asset Identification and Tracking (AIT) Product and Solution Management, Zebra Technologies.
- The lightweight ZQ500 series can be used for a variety of mobile applications including e-citation, parking enforcement, field sales and service receipts, transportation tickets, car rental receipts for vehicle return, proof of delivery and utility readings and invoices.
- The easy to set up printers feature a simple design offering an intuitive display with only three large buttons and no menus – increasing accuracy for gloved hands and fingers.
- Featuring a rugged military-grade design for exceptional durability and reliability in the toughest environments, the ZQ500 series offers:
IP54 (or IP65 with optional exoskeleton case) rating for protection against dust and liquids
MIL-STD 810g military qualifications for shock, vibration and temperature exposure
cold temperature compensation automatically optimizes and balances print speed and quality in cold temperatures – ideal for direct-store deliveries (DSD) that require colder transportation
protection for the media from being ejected when the printer is dropped
- The ZQ500 series comes standard with the latest Bluetooth® Smart Ready 4.0 (low energy) connectivity, Print Touch device pairing and support for all major smartphone and tablet operating systems. These printers are also Zebra's first to support a secondary Bluetooth channel for simultaneous operations– enabling developers to create new device management solutions and helping increase worker productivity.
- The ZQ500 mobile printers are now available in North America and will be available globally later this year.
Zebra tracking and visibility solutions are designed to transform the physical to digital, creating the data streams enterprises need to simplify operations, know more about their businesses, and empower their mobile workforces. For more information, visit www.zebra.com/possibilities.