Dodge is expanding its police vehicle lineup, adding a new Pursuit version of its Dodge Durango SUV.
“Unofficial testing results at the Michigan State Police 2018 model-year vehicle evaluation event created such a stir among law enforcement agencies that we simply had to find a way to build this vehicle,” said Steve Beahm, head of passenger car brands, Dodge//SRT, Chrysler and FIAT for FCA North America. “The Dodge Durango is already known as the Charger of SUVs, so it is only natural that the new Durango Pursuit complements the Charger Pursuit in police fleets across the country.”
The 2018 Dodge Durango Pursuit is powered by a 5.7L Hemi V-8, coupled with a full-time, active all-wheel-drive (AWD) system. This is the same powertrain combination most commonly deployed in the Dodge Charger Pursuit, which FCA says is the top-selling police sedan in the U.S. market. The Durango Pursuit's 5.7L Hemi V-8 features Fuel Saver Technology and delivers 360 horsepower (360) and 390 pount-feet of torque.
The Durango Pursuit also offers a two-speed transfer case for low-range off-road capability and incorporates larger, heavy-duty anti-lock brakes that deliver a 60-0 mile per hour (mph) stopping distance of 134 feet.
Other notable standard features of the 2018 Dodge Durango Pursuit include:
* Eight-speed automatic transmission
* 119.8-inch wheelbase that FCA says is the longest in the market segment and provides added stability and improved handling
* 7,200-pound towing capability
* 8.1 inches of ground clearance
* ParkView rear backup camera with ParkSense alert
* Eight-way power adjusting driver seat controls
* Air conditioning with air filtration
* Under-vehicle mount for spare tire, maximizing interior cargo space and accessibility
* K-9 friendly Tri-Zone interior temperature control
* Trailer sway control
* Spot lamp wiring prep package
* 220-amp alternator
* 800 cold cranking amp (CCA) battery
* Heavy-duty oil cooler and water pump
* Power locking fuel filler door
The new 2018 Dodge Durango Pursuit V-8 AWD is available for order for a limited time. For more information, law enforcement agencies should call (800) 999-3533.