Ford Pro has announced the launch of the 2023 Ford F-150 Lightning Pro Special Service Vehicle, America’s first electric pickup truck purpose-built for police duty.
The F-150 Lightning Pro SSV is designed to handle specialized departmental needs outside of pursuit situations such as assisting at an accident or crime scene or giving departments the ability to tow a boat or trailer.
“We're proud to offer America’s first electric police pickup truck to local government customers who can use the truck’s game-changing technology to help improve their productivity,” said Nate Oscarson, Ford Pro national government sales manager. “Pro Power Onboard can serve as a mobile power source to light up evening accident scenes on the highway, the electric powertrain helps to potentially reduce costs associated with fuel and scheduled maintenance needs and the Mega Power Frunk provides extra lockable storage on top of purpose-built police additions our customers have come to expect from the leader in police vehicles.”
The 2023 Ford F-150 Lightning Pro SSV offers sub-four-second 0-60 mph acceleration capabilities, with the vehicle’s high-tech electric platform and innovation with Ford Pro’s real-time software and support.
Purpose-built features from F-150 Police Responder include:
- Police-grade heavy-duty cloth seats with reduced bolsters to help holstered officers enter and exit the vehicle more easily
- Built-in steel intrusion plates in the front seatbacks.
- Available red/blue, amber/white roof-mounted LED warning beacons
- An upfit-friendly reinforced instrument panel top tray for easy mounting of police equipment
- Easy-to-clean vinyl rear seats and vinyl flooring
Standard features include:
- Interior: 12-inch digital cluster screen and 12-inch landscape-style touchscreen on the center stack
- Exterior: Mega Power Frunk gives officers 14.1 cubic feet of lockable cargo area in the front and offers easy access for upfitters to locate a 220-amp DC-DC power source
- Targeted performance and capability: 452 horsepower, 775 lb.-ft. of torque, 7,700-pound towing capacity and 2,235 maximum payload with a standard-range battery, and sub-four-second 0-60 mph acceleration, 580 horsepower, 775 lb.-ft. of torque, and 10,000-pound towing capability with the extended-range battery
- Technology: Intelligent Range, SYNC 4, over-the-air Ford Power Up software updates and Ford Co-Pilot360 technology, including Automatic Emergency Braking and Blindspot Information System (BLIS) with Cross-Traffic Alert