Retiring LAPD Chief Charlie Beck has announced a pilot program that includes a custom-designed fleet of 20 Bulls Sentinel eBikes. The program is part of the department’s ongoing green initiative.
The Bulls Sentinel eBikes are capable of reaching speeds of up to 28 mph across varying terrains. The company says it worked closely with the LAPD over a nine-month RFP process to build eBikes to meet the specific needs of the department’s urban law enforcement and patrol division, giving LAPD the largest eBike fleet in the nation.
Features of the new LAPD eBikes include:
* Pedal assist with speed up to 28 mph
* Bosch Performance Speed motor
* Aluminum frame designed for easy mounting and dismounting when carrying police gear
* Brake cables routed externally for easy and fast service maintenance
* 180 x 200mm Magura hydraulic rotor discs for aggressive braking
* Schwalbe Super Moto tires that ensure a smooth ride and stronger puncture protection
* Rock Shox Pike heavy-duty front suspension for better handling in urban settings
* Black color for stealthy operations