A Paw Paw, MI, teenager who allegedly planned to attack his high school with guns and possibly Molotov cocktails and homemade bombs was turned in by his parents, and could be tried as an adult.
He came to us and said that he’s been really upset and said that he’s been planning to do something bad," the boy's stepfather told 24 Hour News 8 Monday. "It was a big shock."
The 15-year-old Paw Paw High School student, who is not being identified because he is a minor, was arraigned Monday afternoon on eight criminal charges:
* Two felony counts of larceny of firearms
* Two felony counts of possession of a short-barreled shotgun or rifle
* Two felony counts of felony firearm
* A felony count of attempted manufacture of explosives
* A misdemeanor count of possession of a Molotov cocktail explosive device
The teen's parents told 24 Hour News 8 he had been bullied since coming to the district last year.
The stepfather said the teen approached his parents early Sunday, obviously distraught. He told them he had stolen guns from his grandfather and cut them down so they would fit into a bag, and that he had planned to kill the students who had hurt him.