The National Law Enforcement Officer Hall of Fame is now accepting nominations for award recipients for the Sixth Annual Induction Ceremony. The ceremony will be conducted on March 30, 2023 in Toledo, OH.
Officers and law enforcement supporters chosen for inclusion in the NLEOHOF represent those who have demonstrated outstanding performance both on and off duty in a law enforcement capacity or as part of an effort to support law enforcement as a civilian, the organization says.
Any individual is welcome to nominate an officer of any rank, sworn or non-sworn, or law enforcement supporter from any U.S. law enforcement agency or state. Award winners are chosen by an anonymous Inductee Selection Board based on a wide variety of criteria including, but not limited to:
• Service above and beyond the call of duty
• Notable acts of courage or valor
• Outstanding contributions to the profession
• Unique approaches to community service/relations
• Overall career achievement
• Selfless dedication to the safety and well-being of fellow officers
• Extraordinary endurance and/or survival commitment in extreme events
• Particularly inspiring professional and/or personal behavior
Winners and their nominators will be contacted by National Law Enforcement Officer Hall of Fame representatives to confirm acceptance of their awards. Nominators will be given an opportunity to introduce their nominee at the Induction Ceremony and to personally present the National Law Enforcement Officer Hall of Fame award to their recipient.
To submit a nomination, click this link.
For more information on the National Law Enforcement Officer Hall of Fame or for question regarding the nomination process, please contact Megan Stockburger at [email protected]