Three internal candidates are among the eight finalists for Dallas police chief announced Wednesday, reports KXAS.
Dallas City Manager T.C. Broadnax will select the new chief. "This is probably one of the biggest decisions I’ll have to make as city manager, one of the most important ones," Broadnax said.
- The candidates include the following, in alphabetical order:
- Malik Aziz, Deputy Chief, Dallas Police Department
- Carmen Best, Deputy Chief, Seattle Police Department
- Steven Dye, Chief, Grand Prairie Police Department
- U. Renee Hall, Deputy Chief, Detroit Police Department
- Michel Moore, First Assistant Chief, Los Angeles Police Department
- Luther Reynolds, Assistant Chief, Montgomery County (Maryland) Police Department
- Gary Tittle, Assistant Chief, Dallas Police Department
- Rick Watson, Deputy Chief, Dallas Police Department
Broadnax said interviews will be conducted over three days in July. Citizens, community leaders and city officials will participate in the process and provide advice before the manager makes the final decision.