Dodge and Mopar are introducing six all-new police equipment packages for the 2012 Dodge Charger Pursuit. Chrysler and Mopar worked with Crown North America to develop these new packages.
The six new packages are as follows:
- Base Prep Police Package (AYE): includes front and rear wire harness, power distribution center, siren speaker with bracket, trunk tray and trunk cooling fan.
- Patrol Package 1 (AYF): includes police floor console, front-corner LED lamps, rear-corner LED lamps, front and rear wire harness, power-distribution center, siren speaker with bracket, trunk tray, and trunk cooling fan.
- Patrol Package 2 (AYH): includes police floor console, push bumper, front and rear wire harness, power-distribution center, siren speaker and bracket, trunk tray, and trunk cooling fan.
- Patrol Package 3 (AYM): includes push bumper, police floor console, front corner LED lamps, rear corner LED lamps, front and rear wire harness, power distribution center, siren speaker with bracket, trunk tray, and trunk accessory cooling fan.
- Slick Top Police Package 1 (AYN): includes police floor console, front and rear wire harness, power-distribution center, siren speaker with bracket, trunk tray, and trunk cooling fan.
- Slick Top Police Package 2 (AYP): includes front-corner LED lamps, rear-corner LED lamps, front and rear wire harness, power distribution center, siren speaker with bracket, trunk tray, and trunk cooling fan.
The base police prep package for the 2012 Dodge Charger Pursuit includes the following:
Emergency equipment electrical system wire harness: Capable of providing the appropriate power, ground, and fusing for a variety LED, lighting, siren, computer, modem, radar, or camera systems. The wire harness integrates with both the Vehicle Systems Interference Module (VSIM) 24-way connector and the 12-pin connector that Chrysler Group provides at the console.
Power Distribution Center (PDC): Contains the fusing and relays for circuits contained in the wire harness. The PDC is supplied from the battery with two 100-amp main fuses. These fuses are separated to accommodate departments that want to control some circuits with a timing device. For installers who want to use timer systems to prevent power drains on the battery, the PDC will accept the device's output and channel it to the usual elements controlled by timers, including camera, computer, modem, and printer systems.
Slide-out trunk tray: Provides an accessible platform from which the installer can position and install electrical equipment. The trunk tray provides a 37.5-inch by 19-inch mounting surface for electrical and communications gear. Locking slides provide the movement, allowing a technician easier access to equipment mounted to the tray. An integral ground buss bar helps eliminate poor grounding. The tray is adjustable and allows for a variety of equipment heights and needs.
Trunk air-circulation fan: Stabilizes trunk temperature in a relatively short period of time. This helps all trunk-mounted electronic equipment function properly by circulating heated or cooled air from the driver's compartment into the trunk area.
Siren speaker: Provides a 100-watt siren driver. The siren driver is certified to meet SAE Class A and California Title XIII requirements when matched with an appropriate siren amplifier. The system is mounted behind the grille, so the look of the vehicle remains clean, while the siren location does not impact engine cooling.
In addition, Dodge is offering 24 individual parts for the Charger Pursuit, including a push bumper; siren speaker and bracket; grille lights; front corner LED lights; rear corner LED lights; side lights; visor lights; overhead light bar (full feature); overhead light bar (limited feature); rear deck lights (full width); rear deck lights; police floor console; Can-Com siren system; all-weather floor mats; trunk tray; trunk cooling fan; spare-tire relocation bracket; front wire harness; rear wire harness; power distribution center; front splash guards; rear splash guards; hitch receiver; and seven-way trailer-tow harness with four-pin adapter.
The 2012 Dodge Charger Pursuit will be manufactured at Chrysler Group's Brampton Assembly Plant in Brampton, Ontario, Canada. Police equipment installation will be completed at the Crown North American upfit center in St. Thomas, Ontario.
By Greg Basich