Tyler Technologies, Inc., announced today that it has signed an agreement with the Utah Department of Public Safety (DPS) for Tyler's public safety suite, including Enterprise Law Enforcement Records, Mobile, Field Mobile, Enforcement Mobile, and Public Safety Analytics.
Utah DPS was seeking a robust, comprehensive public safety solution to serve several key departments, including records, investigations, evidence, patrol, and command. The agency selected Tyler to help overcome its current system challenges and bolster other areas like report writing and data and analytics.
Tyler's public safety suite will bring several new capabilities to departments, including:
- A feature-rich system offering true mobility to staff
- More efficient approval processes and report-writing, enabling strong state and federal reporting compliance
- A single source of complete data for analysis, benefitting investigations, internal reporting, and Data-Driven Approaches to Crime and Traffic Safety (DDACTS) efforts
- A records management system that includes robust case management, activity reporting, and property/evidence reporting
- Integration with state public safety answering point (PSAP) centers
- Reduced duplicate data entry, freeing troopers and officers to spend more time policing and maximizing resources
"We are thrilled to be selected by the Utah Department of Public Safety to provide a statewide public safety system, supporting patrol and records staff," said Bryan Proctor, president of Tyler's Public Safety Division. "We are eager to address Utah DPS's current challenges with the staff's user experience of the system, limitations in reporting, and lack of integration with PSAP centers. We are confident that Tyler's system will bring increased efficiency and promote productivity for its staff, ultimately making communities safer."