Mission Manager, Inc. has announced the re-launch of its cloud-based incident manager tool that has helped first responders save lives and property in over 4,400 missions, including the 2014 San Diego fires and Boston Marathon. Product upgrades include significant improvements in infrastructure, data security and technical support.
Mission Manager provides a turnkey solution for mission planning, preparation and real-time situational awareness during live missions. Featuring a robust database with automated reporting tools, multiple communication vehicles and extensive mapping overlays, Mission Manager is designed to essentially replace the manual process of managing callouts by pen and paper, and producing reports via spreadsheets. Mission Manager ensures teams are ready to deploy at a moment's notice.
Developed as a free solution by a San Diego first responder, Mission Manager has been adopted by more than 1,200 local, state, national and international agencies in all 50 U.S. states and in 20 countries over the past three years. Users include search-and-rescue organizations, fire departments, law enforcement agencies and emergency operation centers. Their missions range from single-person rescues to public events and large-scale natural disasters.
In an effort to meet growing customer requirements, Mission Manager was recently acquired by Poway, California's Ambient Alert, Inc. Renamed Mission Manager, Inc., the company has invested significant resources to improve functionality, data integrity and technical support.
Among the recent enhancements, Mission Manager was moved to new servers at Amazon Web Services, which deliver a scalable cloud computing platform with high availability and dependability in compliance with security best practices and IT standards. Other improvements include continuous database backups to enable point-in-time recovery of data. Mission Manager has also enlisted dedicated staff to provide technical support via the phone, face-to-face, email forums and training videos.
"We respect the critical and sensitive work of first responder organizations. That's why we invested in a more robust solution with solid security," said Mike Berthelot, Mission Manager President and Chief Executive Officer. "Our company's flexible pricing model also ensures that Mission Manager will be available to the broadest possible user group, so first responders can continue serving their communities with their critical missions."
Mission Manager's new pricing structure serves both smaller search-and rescue organizations and national organizations with very specific needs. Under the tiered pricing model, Mission Manager will be available for a full year for less than the cost of one month's cell phone service for each user. Mission Manager has also established First Responder Grants covering up to 50% of the annual license fee to qualifying non-profit, volunteer community-based search-and-rescue and CERT organizations.
"We believe first responders are investing in their future with Mission Manager," said Berthelot. "It provides them with a high degree of readiness so they can execute their missions more effectively and efficiently. We are pleased to be a partner in their critical work, and in turn, help save them lives and protect property."
Mission Manager is available for a 30-day free trial to new users via its website at http://www.MissionManager.com.
Mission Manager enables first responders to:
• Track all personnel contact information, including training, certifications and expirations, and medical information
• Organize events, request RSVPs and sign up for events via the team calendar
• Print standard ICS and NIMS forms, such as team assignments, mission status, logs, etc.
• Maintain records for personal gear, team equipment and vehicles
• Customize login access levels for each team member
• Upload documents; control who can see and edit them
• Generate personnel timekeeping and detailed mission time reports
• Track deployed personnel in real time on maps
• Create, assign and track team member tasks
• Track the status of personnel responding to missions
• Track "clues" with automated reports and locate them on mission maps automatically
• Drag-and-drop available personnel in standard ICS positions or on team assignments
• Callout line where members can receive information/mission callout telephone, SMS or email
New enhancements for the product include:
• An uptime guarantee of 99.99% through infrastructure upgrades
• Improved security and reliability of user data
• Full-service technical support
• Onsite and web-based training
About Mission Manager
Mission Manager provides cloud-based software designed to help save lives and property by enabling first responders to operate more efficiently and effectively. Mission Manager's team member and asset management capabilities, combined with its calendar and communication functions, allows users to enhance team readiness through optimized training and seamlessly integrate mission-specific operations during real-time events. To learn more, visit http://MissionManager.com