Hide and Chic Purse Holster - DeSantis
This women's concealer offers an ingenious hidden handgun compartment that is...

Facebook Posts Bite Dallas Officer

February 18, 2011  |

The Dallas Police Department's Officer Cat Lafitte is now facing a departmental investigation for bragging about a fight with a Plano hospital worker on her Facebook page, reports the Dallas Morning News.

"I threw my boot at him, Jerry Springer style, and nailed him in the face," Senior Cpl. Lafitte wrote this week, several days after police were called to the hospital Feb. 9. "It broke his glasses and cut his face and bruised it up real good!"

The six-year veteran has been placed on administrative leave. Lafitte was at the hospital receiving treatment for a knee injury, when she got into a fight with a paramedic.

Other posts on Lafitte's Facebook page included the remark that she was "at war" with the Dallas PD command staff.

Read the full story at DallasNews.com.

Related:

Dallas Officer Welcomes Graffiti Vandals In a Surprising Way

Watch What You Post

Tags: Dallas PD, Social Media, Physical Confrontations, Facebook

Michelle @ 2/21/2011 10:55 AM

This woman is an embarrassment to all police officers and she needs a major attitude adjustment. She also needs to review the Officers Code of Ethics. She truly does not believe in it- as per her actions.

Law Enforcement Code of Ethics

As a Law Enforcement Officer, my fundamental duty is to serve mankind; to safeguard lives and property; to protect the innocent against deception, the weak against oppression or intimidation, and the peaceful against violence or disorder; and to respect the Constitutional rights of all persons to liberty, equality and justice.

I will keep my private life unsullied as an example to all; maintain courageous calm in the face of danger, scorn or ridicule; develop self-restraint; and be constantly mindful of the welfare of others. Honest in thought and deed in both my personal and official life, I will be exemplary in obeying the laws of the land and the regulations of my department. Whatever I see or hear of a confidential nature or that is confided to me in my official capacity will be kept ever secret unless revelation is necessary in the performance of my duty.

I will never act officiously or permit personal feelings, prejudices, animosities or friendships to influence my decisions. With no compromise for crime and with relentless prosecution of criminal, I will enforce the law courteously and appropriately without fear or favor, malice or ill will, never employing unnecessary force or violence and never accepting gratuities.

I recognize the badge of my office as a symbol of public faith, and I accept it as a public trust to be held so long as I am true to the ethics of the police service. I will constantly strive to achieve these objectives and ideals, dedicating myself before God to my chosen profession...law enforcement.

M.Conner @ 2/21/2011 11:02 AM

That code is not only an officers code but should be a code that all should live by. I am a Security Officer Professional. I am embarrassed for this women and her actions. Hopefully she will learn from this and improve her behavior, some people are just not good with authority. A fight with a paramedic? Please!

John Meyers @ 2/21/2011 11:05 AM

The age old adage still remains true: Officer or not, YOU CAN'T FIX STUPID

Richard Land @ 2/21/2011 11:56 AM

She should be fired! It is this type of behavior that gives all law enforcement officers a bad name.

OldManMontgomery @ 2/21/2011 12:29 PM

We all have 'thoughts' best kept to ourselves.

I have no idea of the nature of the 'fight' between the officer and the EMT. However, after-action gossip of this nature is not becoming to a professional.

How many of us 'troops' have an on-going disagreement with management about something? Some petty, some serious, no?
However, bragging or carping about it in public is not a professional way to handle issues - even serious ones.

I have no knowledge of the officer other than this brief article. She may be a much better officer than this indicates.

She does need to work on discretion.

Greg @ 2/21/2011 12:42 PM

Attn all LEO's: Get off Facebook (or don't get on), delete your accounts, or get out of the business (LE). Facebook and the job is drinking and driving, it doesn't mix!

John @ 2/21/2011 12:52 PM

What an unprofessional NON role model. Fire her and those like her. Clean up the ranks please....no room for LEO's that act like that.

Starrman69 @ 2/21/2011 2:14 PM

How on earth did she maintain for 6 years? It's spooky to think how many more are out there...just waiting for their inane chance to make us all look bad.

james @ 2/21/2011 2:16 PM

Just fire her and be done with it. She is not worth the time it takes fill out her termination paperwork.

pieper @ 2/21/2011 3:35 PM

In light of the two friends comments in the blog backing up the Dallas Officer and the Security Officer and given the totality of the information it still doesn't excuse Lafitte for acting like an idiot in public and not comporting herself in a professional manner. The public expects more than that. She is not the only LEO in the world that has to deal issues we face everyday in Law Enforcement like the rest of us. Then to brag for all to see on Facebook? This affects all of us. I agree with Michelle, perhaps a review of the Code of Ethics is in order for Lafitte. It appears a career change might be a solution to consider.

Ridiculous @ 2/21/2011 5:36 PM

Greg, There is nothing wrong with having a FB acct and being an officer. Its all about common sense.

Blacksmith1189 @ 2/22/2011 9:07 AM

Some people just do not belong in the Law Enforcement Profession! This is an excellent example of one such person! Earlier in the week, there was a positive story in the news of three Dallas PD women and their role in L.E; "The Women of the Dallas Police Department!" This was a great example of the role of women in L.E. In the latter part of the week, this Facebook article surfaced and got much more media attention than the positive article. Go figure!!! Officers such as Senior Cpl. Lafitte have the wrong attitude to be a police officer and should find another form of employment!! Chief Brown, continue the work started by Chief Kunkle by rooting out the people who misrepresent the uniform!

michael @ 3/2/2011 10:44 PM

This is a lesson to be learned by all that use Facebook. I am in LE and I just can't understand what the attraction is to post your info. or whats going on in your life. This officer should have known better after being a cop for six years. I would say that she doesn't "get it " and she should find a new career because this doesn't appear to be it. We don't need stupid people in LE it's hard enough for the rest of us without crap like this going on.