Officer Assaulted with Chain Shoots, Kills Suspect

A female officer responding to an assault in Oakland, Calif., on Thursday morning ended up killing a suspect after the man immediately struck her multiple times with a metal chain when she tried to talk to him, Oakland Police Chief Sean Whent said. More Here.

August 28, 2015
3 views

David thompson @ 8/29/2015 8:13 AM

Ignorant people need not be interviewed.

de @ 8/29/2015 8:14 AM

So what do people expect the police to do? Continue to try and reason with the guy as he swings the chain a few more times, knock her unconscious and then take the Officers own gun and kill them with it, or go on a shooting spree and kill others? Grow up people! Put yourself in their shoes!!

Ali Akbar @ 8/29/2015 2:14 PM

I guess the officer should have just allowed herself to be killed. The idiots who protest sure would sing a different tune if it was their mother or child who was being beaten in the head but an EMD or anyone else. At some point they should be required to police their own community. The number of shootings would quadruple. Then they might have a clue.
What difference does his past behavior in the community have to do with what happened at that moment. He was known to be confrontational, and a known problem. Why didn't the community members try and help this guy. Invite him into your home for apple pie and a home cooked meal. Not likely huh?
Clean up your own back yard.

Steve @ 8/30/2015 10:39 AM

Don't bring a chain to a gunfight. "Killing was not the answer", I guess while she was being hit with a chain she should have given him mental health advice, or maybe shoot the chain out of his hand.

tom @ 8/31/2015 5:16 AM

Are you kidding me ? An officer gets hit in the head with a chain, and goes to the hospital for treatment, and is there for at least hours, if they didn't keep her. Then all of these sidewalk lawyers decide that he should not have been shot because he was a mental. Would they feel the same way if this nut case had a gun and opened up on them in a public place ? I don't think so. In that case the complaint would be that the police didn't respond fast enough. After 38 years in the business, I am ready to retire and leave our decaying society to itself. The police can't win.

Ray @ 9/5/2015 4:14 PM

I am a 30yr LEO and I hate to say this call it critical mass or a tipping point or whatever BUT this job is DEAD... I feel bad for anyone coming on the job.