Mo. Officer Cleared of Assault

Oakview (Mo.) Police Officer Kimberly Whyley is trying to return to work after she was cleared of assaulting an elderly driver. Officer Whyley has been on unpaid leave for three years. Read the full story here.

May 10, 2012
3231 views

Tags: Officers Exonerated, Oakview (Mo.) PD

John Wilson @ 5/10/2012 6:03 PM

I feel extremely sorry for this officer, who was doing her duty correctly, and is blindsided by the very system that was suppose to back her.
The DA was real imaginative to charge the officer with Assault and battery, when the subject was uncooperative and refused a lawful order to exit his vehicle.
I hope she gets reinstated and applies elsewhere for a job. They are not to be trusted and will go after her again in the future.
\

coolhandluke @ 5/11/2012 4:23 AM

IF THAT IS WHAT IS GOING AS ASSAULT, WE ARE ALL DOOMED

Juan 10-13 @ 5/11/2012 5:03 AM

Don't give up Kimberly. There is a Department out there that will see through this contrived spineless muck and offer you the opportunity to continue in your career. I'm batting for you.

Amazed @ 5/11/2012 7:51 AM

I am amazed that they dragged this out so long, knowing that this officer was not being paid for the so-called administrative leave. The fact that Kimberly had to seek assistance of a passer by, tells me that Mr. Forte was the aggressor, and not Kimberly. I am also suspicious of the video. I have over 20 years of video experience, and from what I could see, it was definitely altered. Looks like the Prosecutor wanted to hang this officer out to dry. I hope she gets ALL of her back pay,and punitive damages for besmirching her character! GO KIMBERLY!!

Robocop @ 5/11/2012 8:17 AM

The fact that the Chief suspended this Officer WITHOUT pay just because the City Attorney recommended it and charged her with assault is foolish and cowardly. Looking at the video I do not even see PC for that charge, much less after hearing that she needed help from a passerby to subdue this person! Yes she should receive back-pay with interest, seniority, AND money to pay for her attorney and punitive damages for malicious prosecution! She should then take her money and find her another Department that has some guts to back their Officers! Good for her!

David Kissee @ 5/11/2012 9:36 AM

Oakview is a very small city that borders Gladstone and KCMO. They have very few officers and should not be able to have a police department with the amount of political interference from small town politics. She should sue for all back pay, lost overtime possibilities and lawyers fees plus pain and suffering plus plus plus put that city out of business

Greg @ 5/12/2012 2:35 PM

I think that she should demand a Federal investigation into the tape, the prosecution and , concurrently, file the civil litigation mentioned above. Also, a bar complaint against this arrogant prosecutor would be in order. If the Feds find tampering with evidence, then whomever will be the ones in cuffs.

TripWire @ 5/13/2012 7:48 PM

The prosecutor said that the tape was exactly as it came to him by the Highway Patrol? Yeah Right, with a soap opera on it and everything. Everything about this screams smear job. I hope that she can finally get on with her life and maybe find a good department. Every cop should play by the rules and be held to a high standard, but no cop should be railroaded like this cop was. I'm not a litigious person but I hope that she sues the city and the prosecutor.

Laura @ 5/14/2012 7:28 AM

The tape is clearly altered and glad the jury could see through the BS. She needs to receive her back pay and punitive damages for being falsely accused. Who ever tampered with the tape should at the very least be fired. It's incidents like this that make me glad that I am retired.

JM @ 5/15/2012 11:31 AM

Hmmm, small town, I wonder who the 88 year old cantankerous driver is friends with?... This is truly small town politics at its finest. Hopefully she owns the place soon...

knowsdatruth @ 5/16/2012 9:21 PM

Hold your horses....... Her dept. cleared her of ANY criminal or policy violations.......... They backed her 100 PERCENT...... The State patrol with the county prosecutor chose to ignore that and ran their own investigation with their own "arm chair quarter-backing" of the incident. Her dept. was and has been their for her........

knowsdatruth @ 5/16/2012 9:24 PM

And Kissee small town politics had nothing to do with it! It was the County Prosecutor who dragged this out for three years continuance after continuance!!!!!!!!!!! Trying to get a knotch in his belt before an election!!!!!! sorry.... but I hope people remember this when election time comes... And her chief did not suspend her.

Officer Whyley @ 5/20/2012 11:45 AM

To my fellow sisters and brothers I want to thank you for your kind words of encouragement and support, it means the world to me. If any of you knows of a great department looking for a great, educated, dedicated Police Officer please advise. I would prefer Florida or a state with a Police Officer Bill of Rights. Thank you for your continued support. I will battle this battle for all of you, so that we may be free to do our jobs well without fear of scandle or lost immunity as a law enforcement officer. Respectfully, Officer Kimberly Whyley

Please @ 11/1/2012 5:01 PM

I wish people really knew the truth about you. You have no business as a police officer. You are a walking lottery ticket for someone else. The way you talk and treat people is an embarrassment and I for one am glad I never have to come back to that little 6 block town and back you up again. Please in all seriousness, find another profession. You legitimately have no business in this profession ask any of the people at the 3 departments you worked for in under 5 years.

felix @ 6/7/2013 8:21 PM

She is a liar she gots all u fooled belive me she fooled direct tv that i was decesaed to take over my account well guess wat im alive she uses the name kate sanchez with is a lie she resides at 4220/61st. west bradenton fl. she is a big fat liar to the jury u all were fooled because im alive not dead as she tolld direct tv