Armed Law Student Argues with Cop

A law school student recorded his argument with a police officer who stopped him for openly carrying a handgun. The student refused to provide his name and demanded to speak with the officer's supervisor, before being released.

February 27, 2013
1803 views

Joe @ 2/28/2013 3:02 PM

Great job citizen!If we don't exercise our rights we will lose them.

Max @ 2/28/2013 4:26 PM

This kid is a jackas*. I am %100 pro 2nd amendment no doubt. However this college brat is intentionally arguing with the officer for the fun of it! He is one of those guys that believes he is smarter than everyone else and wants to brag what he knows. Personally, I would use his resistance to reveal his ID as a reason to believe that his is a potential felon and hold him until proven otherwise just to return the as*hole attitude to him.

johnathan @ 2/28/2013 10:23 PM

thank the lord this kid wasn't ANY type of ethnic minority.

Glockthis @ 3/1/2013 10:45 AM

He asked this perp for I.D. and proof of legal ownership of the weapon three times. After the third time I would have slapped his but in cuffs and made him answer to the man for being a di#$. LEO safety is just as important as his 2nd amendment rights.

Timothy Jones @ 3/2/2013 12:21 AM

Yes, this kid was a dick. However the officer has no reason to stop him. He had no mere suspicion that a crime was being committed. Yes, its odd but not illegal. I am glad that the kid did let the cop know what most people do not know.

Meh @ 3/10/2013 6:33 PM

I agree with Joe. If you do not stand up for your rights you will lose them. The fact that the officer says that it is standard procedure to stop someone for no other reason than going about his business is proof of that. I think any reasonable person what be annoyed at being stopped by the police for no reason.