Feinstein Proposes Assault Weapons Ban

U.S. Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.) has proposed the Assault Weapons Ban of 2013, which seeks to ban 157 specific firearms and magazines accepting more than 10 rounds. Watch her announcement courtesy of CNN. Read the full story here.

January 24, 2013
1523 views

Tags: Assault Weapons Ban, Gun Control Advocacy

Tom @ 1/25/2013 6:55 AM

I am a chief of police in Texas and am personally embarrassed that any law enforcement official would stand behind this woman and her ridiculous proposal. Any officer with common sense knows we don't need more laws to enforce. The laws that are already in place are more than sufficient to reduce the gun violence if we were allowed to enforce them the way they were written to begin with, instead of dancing around a bunch of case law handed down from 10 different courts of opinion. Just my thoughts.

Jim @ 1/25/2013 7:24 AM

I cannot believe that an Officer, who gave an oath to protect the rights of the people, could stand behind someone who is trying to violate the people’s constitution. You are a disgrace to our uniform and should have your commissions revoked.

John N. Brown @ 1/25/2013 8:59 AM

I am a chief of police in Alabama and I also am personally embarrassed that any law enforcement official would stand behind this woman and her ridiculous proposal. Any officer with common sense knows that this type of legislation only hurts good law abiding citizens and give criminals what they want, because they are going to have the weapons anyway. I agree with Tom that the laws that are already in place are more than sufficient to reduce the gun violence if we were allowed to enforce them the way they were written to begin with. In my opinion 99% of law enforcement officers are against gun control, because they know that this is not going to stop any criminals, it just hurts the law abiding citizen. This current government needs to abide by the Constitution of the United States just as our forefathers intended, it's in there for a reason. the police do our jobs, it's the justice system that has failed all of us by not using the laws on the books already and enforcing them, by putting the criminals that use guns (any kind) with a long sentences in prison, this is the deterrent not banning certain guns. This is my opinion and I this now is time for the law enforcement community to stand up for our rights and keep asking for punishment to the criminals and not to our good citizens. This is my opinion.

scpdblue @ 1/25/2013 9:07 AM

Look people,this is just the beginning. IF this passes,some nut job will get on a roof use a scoped rifle,(mind you NOT a sniper rifle ) and shoot people.Then they (government) will say that any scoped rifle is a sniper rifle. remember http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Whitman his kills were mostly done with a 6mm Remington 700. Sheriff if you are out there and read this and are NOT politically correct,stand with other sheriffs out there.We are losing our rights with this administration.Remember first rule of take over, Get the guns away from the people.

scpdblue @ 1/25/2013 9:21 AM

TO ALL SHERIFFS AND CHIEFS;If all of you Sheriffs and Chiefs are so upset about this smoke and mirror trick show that is happening,then stand together as one.Make your voices heard as one,get together and go and speak to congress as one.Fill that hall with a sea of blue united as one voice.Don't let just the liberal Sheriffs and Chiefs be heard. Communicate,organize and go to Washington. No more making comments of chat lines,in news paper columns or on news briefs. Shine the brass,polish the leather,shine the shoes and let congress know the REAL truth. You are keepers of the peace,protectors of the people,now unite and keep the peace while protecting the rights of the people you swore to protect and serve.

njmotorcop @ 1/27/2013 6:56 AM

We expect this kind of malfeasance and misconduct from this most corrupt and subversive regime but what is most embarassing is that they were able to find that many whores masqerading as cops to pose with this bitch!

Brett @ 1/28/2013 2:30 AM

I am in law enforcement in Colorado. The Colorado Springs Police average response time is just over 10 minutes. Maybe I will be exempt from some of these laws but what is my family to do to defend themselves when I am not home? A bolt action rifle agains multiple attackers in a home invasion is not ideal to the well being of my family.

Celtacia @ 1/28/2013 5:12 AM

As a dispatcher, I know that my guys are going to be mostly "cleanup" after an incident has already gotten people hurt, and deterrence by their presence. They cannot be everywhere all the time: that's God's purview. They are actually in less danger if a decently trained, well and properly armed, proactive public is ready, willing and most of all ABLE to be of some small assistance prior to their arrival. If citizens assist in their own protection, as I believe was intended from the start, everyone would be safer. This behavior from people supposedly appointed as our representatives is foolish and less well-educated than I would have supposed them had I not been keeping up on history. <sigh>

Joseph Leo @ 1/30/2013 8:09 AM

I wonder if the officers standing in the background have been ordered to do so as propaganda. It's hard to imagine any decent officer doing this willingly. If they are, shame on you.

slobull @ 2/8/2013 10:09 AM

I can see her winning the Legion of Lenin medal from the American Communist Party for all her efforts in gun control and further attempts to subjugate the American people.

Timothy Jones @ 3/2/2013 8:15 AM

Feinstien is an idiot. This propaganda is a complete fabricated story. Every officer I know agrees with the right to bear arms. If you are worried about Americans having guns and doing police work, your in the wrong career.