Arsenal's Double Barrel 1911

German firearms manufacturer Arsenal Firearms has introduced a double-barrel 1911 pistol that fires two .45-caliber projectiles simultaneously.

March 22, 2012
9497 views

Tags: 1911-Type Pistols, .45 ACP, Arsenal Firearms

Roberto @ 3/22/2012 6:53 PM

Great! Look out bad guys......

Wayne L Chonicki @ 3/22/2012 8:36 PM

Speaking as the son of a master machineist, retired police officer and former Class III NFA arms dealer... "Why????" Just because one CAN make something doesn't mean one SHOULD make that thing. I suppose as a technical exercise or novelty it may be of worth to a collector, but it appears to be an evolutionary dead end. Its kind of like trying to make a hand-sized chain gun... beyond the superflouous mechanical complexity (if one fails to feed or stovepipes... BOTH fail to fire)... having worked executive protection details... the limited tactical advantage of multiple blunt trauma is much better addressed close range... by a close combat pump shot gun pistol w/ 00 Buck~ Personally, I use a double slide bar 8 shot Mossberg 12 ga. w/ folding stock, which tucks neatly inside my sports coat or London Fog... I've NEVER had failure-to-feed or cycle. Reloading time might be the only drawback but seldom did I do those assignments solo ~

Jim @ 3/22/2012 9:06 PM

Now I will admit that this fascinates me, but it is along the lines of seeing a bad car crash. Sure I would love to fire it but really all it is is the marrying of two 1911's in one pistol and I would not want to have to rely on it in a real situation. I would rather just double tap my current .45 which still holds 12+1. Neat toy though!

ejankowski @ 3/23/2012 6:06 AM

Actually, Arsenal Firearms is an Italian company and the AF2011-A1 is made in Italy.

Lippits @ 3/27/2012 4:57 AM

Why? I just don't get it.

Hollywood must be getting desperate for something new.

craig @ 4/6/2012 3:51 PM

omg where do I place my order I have been in the market for a new ccw this will fit the bill perfectly and since my large hands dwarf the regular 1911's this would be a perfect fit for me I wonder if it will eat reloads ?

Ken Burrows @ 12/2/2012 7:40 AM

This thing fully loaded will be way too heavy for a CCW! Like another posted, I'd like to shoot it but I can not ever see me buying it.