Seattle PD's Vintage Patrol Car

Veteran Seattle PD Officer Jim Ritter responds to calls not with a modern patrol car but with a restored 1970 Plymouth Satellite cruiser. Read the full story here.

April 26, 2013
1715 views

Tags: Seattle PD, Patrol Cars, Police History, Chrysler

Nichole @ 4/29/2013 3:15 AM

That car is tits. I love it.

David Phillips @ 4/29/2013 2:02 PM

Anyone notice he was wearing a revolver in a cross draw holster ?

Hoshi @ 4/29/2013 2:37 PM

In my 32 years in patrol cars the best was the 1973 Plymouth grand Fury 440, 4 barrel. Yup David, saw the cross draw, I had a revolver in a Clamshell on a Buscallero gun belt.

Hoshi @ 4/29/2013 2:37 PM

GC @ 4/29/2013 2:41 PM

Cool idea to bring back an old school unit but a cross draw revolver....Really? Just dangerous

Dennis R. Beaty @ 4/29/2013 3:25 PM

Drove one of those on the first law enforcement job I had as a small town city marshall in Colorado!

Capt. Crunch @ 4/29/2013 5:27 PM

Great car if it has a 381 it will out run some of the newer cars.

Steve B. @ 4/29/2013 8:30 PM

Actually Capt. Crunch, it was a 383 cu mopar.

DetCapt02 @ 4/30/2013 6:23 AM

I love that Idea, I thought about that for my department too.....thats awesome! I would do that in a minute!

Capt. Crunch @ 4/30/2013 11:43 AM

Thanks Steve, it has been a few years.

Adrian Stroud @ 4/30/2013 5:33 PM

Great idea! What a beautiful car!