NYPD Cruiser Rear-Ends Dirt Bike

A NYPD squad car pursuing two men on an illegal motorcycle accidentally rear-ended the dirt bike, killing one and injuring the second man. That man is now suing the department. Read the full story here.

March 29, 2013
3473 views

Tags: NYPD, Police Vehicle Accidents

jon @ 3/29/2013 1:05 PM

Thugs with badges & guns. These LEO's should not only be thrown off the force but thrown in prison for flat out murder. A Total disgrace..

GD @ 3/30/2013 6:15 PM

jon,
You are an idiot.

WD @ 3/31/2013 6:41 PM

2nd that Jon is a idot

Samuel Johnson @ 4/1/2013 7:03 PM

Not murder, but arguably negligent manslaughter.

tim @ 4/1/2013 7:28 PM

I 3rd on Jon and raise one Sam as coming close to a Jon. I love all the armchair quarterbacks. Let's totally disregard it says accidentally. We would had to hold criminals accountable for their behavior which put them in harms way in the first place by committing a crime. Let IA do their job.

Motorjock @ 4/1/2013 8:08 PM

The is why was the second subject running to the motorcycle? Did he just commit a crime? Was he a fleeing felon? Sometimes the people who are citizens don't have a clue. They're just plain ignorant as in the case of Jon. The truth will prevail.

Bill @ 4/1/2013 9:47 PM

I love this. Question how many of you can stop a cruiser in 2 feet or less going even 30 miles an hour? Unless you have magic cars looks like an accident. Lets give the officer the benefit of the doubt, and his day in court. I looks like to me that those two chuckle heads slowed while making a turn on a motorcycle, which slows down a hell of a lot faster than a full size sedan, and got rear ended. It did not appear to be malicious, intentional, or negligent from my view. Just my two cents.

gp cobb @ 4/2/2013 12:02 AM

Trooper is innocent victim, view from my saddle.

AJ @ 4/2/2013 6:38 AM

Bot enough info but if you are running from the police, the consequences are born of your own decisions.

Howard Herring @ 4/2/2013 7:31 AM

Code Three syndrome. I'm NYPD retired and the radio car appears to be going way too fast. I think he would have taken out the red fire alarm box with the RMP. Bill has is pretty right from the video.

Capt David-retired LA Cou @ 4/2/2013 9:54 AM

Too much missing...

jeff @ 4/5/2013 1:54 PM

Despicable and repugnant abuse and criminal negligence of criminal and civil litigation by excessive force resulting in involuntary manslaughter with an injury. This misnomer public servant needs to be adjudicated and indicted in a court room of law as well as being terminated and SUED after he is found culpable criminally under the department policies.