Chase, Standoff Ends With Fatal Shooting Outside Dallas Mall

A chase in South Dallas led to a standoff that ended with Dallas police fatally shooting an armed man outside of the Southwest Center Mall Monday afternoon. Read Full Story Here.

April 22, 2014
3730 views

Tags: Vehicle Pursuits, Dallas PD, Standoffs

Dennis Wiggins @ 4/22/2014 4:56 PM

Oh, well........maybe he shouldn't have pointed a gun at the officers!! Sounds like maybe he got what he deserved, maybe even wanted. As far as I can tell, it was a good job by the officers. I am very glad the officers were not injured.

Dennis Wiggins @ 4/22/2014 4:57 PM

Good job by the officers......

Renee @ 4/23/2014 3:17 AM

I would never use the words "good job", when someone's life is ended. However...I am glad no officers were injured or killed in the line of duty.

KevCopAz @ 4/23/2014 7:19 AM

Renee: The officers did their job well, thus good job is appropriate. Life is precious nut when you give it away as this defendant did, its your choice, not the police. This is one more criminal we won't have to worry about.

BK @ 4/23/2014 7:44 AM

Renee: As a rookie, on my very first code blue call, I performed CPR on an individual along with medics and firefighters. Unfortunately, the individual was never revived, and needless to say, I was upset about it. However, after the incident, the lead medic told me that I did a "good job." I learned an important lesson that day. The sad truth is that we can never save them all. What we can do is act professionally, respond appropriately, and make correct decisions under stress. We can still do our jobs well. I'd say to these officers, "job well done." We can't save them all, but we can be proud of how we handled the situation.

TERRY F. ZECH VAPD (RET) @ 4/23/2014 1:28 PM

Renee, you speak the truth. As a VA officer I have been around for four suicides committed right in our facilities. One of them involved our officers but they did not have to shoot. The subject did it before they could get to her. The others were done before our police even knew that the subject was going to commit suicide. I had one that myself and another Sgt prevented before he could get to his shotgun we took him down. It's scary but the training and the negotiations kick in.

Pup @ 4/23/2014 3:48 PM

Kudos to the Dallas PD. According to the video, it was a text book felony/armed suspect tactical stop. They kept their distance, position their units properly, didn't approach and when needed, officer(s) fired only a coulpe shots. It couldn't have gone any better. The only negative feedback is, one officer moved into the open on the passenger side but retreated when he realized it was poor tactics. Good job good guys...Texted book...

S.S. @ 4/24/2014 2:07 PM

Ok Nice job fellas. Ok where's lenny? Now's her chance to post...

Ima Leprechaun @ 4/26/2014 6:11 AM

I will never understand people with cell phone camera's. They put their own lives at risk to photograph an event they describe as too horrible to watch. Why are they not hiding behind cover instead of standing up "filming" the event they are detested by?