Viral Video Shows Positive Side of Interacting With Police Officers

ABC Breaking US News | US News Videos

A 22-year-old National Guardsman posted a video of himself to Facebook following his positive encounter with a white police officer during a traffic stop in Lexington, S.C., and it's generating a lot of buzz online. More Here.

April 14, 2015
0 views

Sean @ 4/14/2015 4:06 PM

Thank you sir.

Don @ 4/14/2015 4:37 PM

My compliments to this young man! I'm impressed with his willingness to step forward when so few will do so. Clearly the interaction between the officer and this gentleman was positive allowing all to walk away safe.

pj @ 4/14/2015 5:18 PM

This was one of the most refreshing videos I have seen in a long time. This young man was well spoken and sent an impressive message. His comments were so positive. This is an example of how a police interaction should go. The police officer was polite and doing his/her job. The individual being stopped was polite and respectful and took responsibility for their actions. The officer provided some simple traffic education, the young man learned something from the information and they both went on their way. This video should be watched by all as it is a feel good story with a positive message for anybody who sees it. Bravo to you young man. Your parents must be so proud! Thank you for speaking positively about the law enforcement officer. We can use the kind words.

Dave @ 4/14/2015 5:38 PM

This is an articulate, well mannered, and well spoken young man. God Bless him. This world would be a much better place if all young people reacted like this to police stops. I know there are many people like this young man but they are part of the silent majority.

kevCopAz @ 4/14/2015 6:19 PM

Thanks, the man has sense. This is what the community should see and how both the LEOs and the public should act during any interaction. Treat folks with respect, treat the cops with respect and all will generally work out. Thanks to this gentleman for taking the time to do the video, perhaps young african Americans will listen to his story since he a young Black male. thanks again.

enubus @ 4/14/2015 6:52 PM

I don't know his name, but he is a good man. Bravo!

Dave55 @ 4/14/2015 7:31 PM

This man is way wise beyond his years his parents and family god bless you all! He is 100% right!

mikie @ 4/14/2015 9:57 PM

I am glad to see this video because it represents how individuals need to respect each other no matter the race. If we, as individuals, do something wrong then own up to the mistake and take responsibility for it. Be a role model for others to follow. On a personal note, I work with kids everyday and have a compassion for each as if they were my own no matter what race. I think this video is a great example and the individual should be respected highly by the video.
Thank you and God Bless!

Fed Cop @ 4/15/2015 6:24 AM

Great message. Bravo! That's what everyone is saying. Just follow instructions, and don't get an attitude. It's was always easier to say, "Thank you for your cooperation", then to say "press hard, 5 copies!". And then go back to the squad and write the PC statement on the back of the ticket.

Sgt. Mike @ 4/15/2015 6:41 AM

Thank you for your comments Mr. Stack, and thank you for your service to our country.

Robert Wagner @ 4/15/2015 9:46 AM

I am sure his parents are very proud as they should be. Also give credit to his drill instructor. Hopefulle a law enforcement agency near where he lives reaches out to him with a job application. I would work with him any day of the week!

Tom @ 4/15/2015 12:59 PM

You know I agree with all of the above comments, and as a 38 year veteran law officer, I have meant many others just like him.

Here is the question: How much air time will this get from the major news networks, Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton, or our Justice Department ? Bad news is news and good news is nothing------------too bad

JoJo @ 4/15/2015 2:49 PM

This gentleman is correct in what he said, it's just sad that it's such a news story when someone tells the truth. Every person in America should be saying, "we already know and believe what he said."

L. C. Franklin @ 4/16/2015 4:12 AM

I have been employed with the Police Department for 26 years, the last 8 working as the Assistant to the Chief of Police. This is a very positive message that should be spread in schools for everyone to witness. This young black male gets it, every LEO is not out to get you. It can't be said enough, his parents, I'm sure are very proud of him, so am I as a mother.

Ginger Eilers @ 4/16/2015 4:52 AM

Thank you and God Bless!!

Kojack58 @ 4/17/2015 7:31 AM

A very fine person who I applaud for standing up. As an officer in retirement I applaud the restraint a lot of officers have shown and I am disappointed that other officers take it too far. Nobody says the job is easy and we take a lot of abuse but you do the job not your feelings. Take care everyone.

EV @ 4/18/2015 3:36 PM

Thank you so much! I applaud this young gentleman for being objective and looking at the facts. Not allowing emotions to take over from being pulled over. Taking responsibility for actions. More so, I thank him for mentioning the hypocrisy of labeling others based on perceptions. Doing away with labels and categorizing others is a step toward healing and coming together.