Arizona Activist Who Failed Force-on-Force Scenario Backs Firing of Campus Officer

A Phoenix-area civil-rights activist, who last week participated in force-on-force training with the Maricopa County Sheriff's Office, has thrown his support behind Arizona State University for moving to fire the campus police officer accused by a university professor of wrongful arrest and excessive force last summer. More Here.

January 15, 2015
3 views

Ali Akbar @ 1/15/2015 4:45 PM

Which parts of this story are missing? The officer stops someone to enforce a jay walking violation and then is assaulted. This person is arrested for assault and now the officer is being terminated. Is jay walking a civil infraction for which a citation would be issued; is it normally disregarded by officers; or is is this another attempt to make every law on the books no longer enforceable for certain groups who now feel they are above the law due to the new definition of political correctness. I supposed if this professor had been struck by a vehicle the police department would have been sued for not enforcing jay walking statutes.
Why don't you folks just come out say exactly what your agenda is really about.

bob retired leo @ 1/15/2015 5:06 PM

Wow, because she is a professor she wants him fired after she assalted him. I had this same nonsense with a DR. on a state hospital many years ago. She ran a stop sign and when she was pulled over she said she was a DR and in a hurry. She then struck and assualted an a state officer. She was arrested and stated she was a Dr and the officer had no right to arrest her because she was in a hurry and a DR. She wanted the Off. fired. Well the union stepped in and stopped the nonsense and the good Dr was charged and foudn guilty. Thery think because of thier status they dont have to comply. In 25 years I have dealt with it many times.

LaShawne Jefferson @ 1/15/2015 5:12 PM

He's not a "civil rights activist"; he's a race-baiter, inciter, and shakedown artist.

Norman @ 1/15/2015 6:59 PM

It is well known here in the Phoenix community that "Reverend" Maupin is a sycophant disciple of Al Sharpton. I kid you not, he used to dress and coiffe his hair exactly like Big Al. Side by side, he looked like a Sharpton Minnie-Me. Maupin now shaves his head, but his race-baiting tactics are textbook Sharpton. When Maupin recently underwent use-of-force scenarios with MCSO (shooting an unarmed suspect, by the way), he publicly sided with LE, stating people need to submit to officer's directions. I thought he'd perhaps "seen the light". But nay, nay, no epiphany at all. Now he wants to see this ASU officer fired when the lady professor did everything Maupin said a citizen shouldn't do. As far as I'm concerned, the escalation of force was justified. Perhaps the learned professor can next sue McDonalds for spilling hot coffee in her lap while driving. Additionally, Maupin can go pound sand. Hymn #69, verse 1.

Simon Wood @ 1/16/2015 12:59 AM

If she doesn't resist it doesn't happen, simple as that.

bob retired leo NY/FL @ 1/17/2015 11:27 AM

As I read all the aforementioned posts, I see that all my fellow officers and civilian supporters all have the same thoughts about similiar matters. I was afraid I was in the minority with my opinions concerning these pompass derriere instigators informing me of my job through the years, but now I see many are tired of the criticism and interference by these inveiglers posing as civil rights activists. Its bad enough you have to worry about getting a cap popped into you and then you have to put up with verbal caps shooting your way by our great pretenders that hide themselves under the guise of the title: CIVIL RIGHTS ACTIVISTS. God bless and be safe And remember what Shakespeare penned: A rose by any other name is still a rose....