Ohio Officer TASERs Knife Wielding Murder Suspect

Conrad's arrest was captured on Officer Robert Pitts' body camera. The video shows Conrad standing waist-deep in the lake encouraging officers to shoot him while holding his 12-inch knife. More Here.

September 11, 2014
2 views

TERRY F. ZECH VAPD (RET) @ 9/11/2014 5:48 PM

That is one hell of a taser shot. The suspect had to really get a jolt out of that standing in the water like that. Glad everyone made through safely. I do believe if he had the chance that suspect would have stabbed an officer. Good job Officer Pitts.

132&Bush @ 9/11/2014 5:55 PM

Anyone notice Pitts arm ink. Maybe more departments need to loosen up there standards.

NewAGE @ 9/11/2014 7:27 PM

I agree with you 123Bush. One of my most productive officers has ink on his arm, sleeved out. I don't mind the other agencies turning them away because I, my community benefits. Those agencies are antiquated and represent the reason so many progressive agencies suffer today. Progressive agencies look past the BS line of how bad tattoos are.

CXapt. Crunch @ 9/11/2014 7:53 PM

Good job Ofcr.. Pitts, you deserve a commendation.

If it had been me I would have ordered a pizza and left the suspect in the water longer.LOL

Popo @ 9/12/2014 7:06 AM

The fact that officer Pitts handled the incident appropriately was probably because he had military experience not tattoo's. He had the confidence in himself and didn't feel he needed to kill someone for street cred. If your particular demographics is mostly tatted-up residents or long-haired, ear-ringed individuals then the officers should follow form. But to think a tattoo makes a good officer is off-base. We should be hiring more military with discipline than college kids with gamer experience.

Five-O @ 9/12/2014 7:13 AM

Having exposed tattoo's makes it harder to go under cover. If you have noticeable tattoos on your lower arms, and the bad guy notices, or takes pictures, you are now marked just like we mark perps based on tattoos. It is harder to disappear when you are labeled. Spy sh*t 101.

FedCop @ 9/15/2014 11:47 AM

Looks like Eagle, Anchor, Globe tat = US Marine. "What is your objective?" If that isn't a Devil Dog, I don't know what is.