Newscast Reports on Memorial to Cop Killer Suspect

A reporter visited the memorial to the man who died after allegedly killing Officer Perry Renn of Jersey City PD and interviewed the suspect's wife. The reporter has now been suspended for his comments at the end of the segment. Read Story Here.

July 15, 2014
1715 views

Tags: Jersey City (N.J.) PD

Josh Hadle @ 7/15/2014 5:06 PM

The widow of the cop-killer was disappointed that he only murdered one cop: "He didn't go far enough..." What's the next idea for such two-legged garbage? Will they take a lesson from Muslim terrorists and go in for suicide bombing and terrorist rockets?

DPB @ 7/15/2014 6:47 PM

I would say the reporter did not go far enough in his comments! Not having a father is the start, but many other parts of this mosaic was not touched upon.

DPB @ 7/15/2014 6:49 PM

The reporter did not go far enough in his comments. Not having a father is a part of the problem, but there is much more to the story!

LT @ 7/15/2014 8:08 PM

I feel for both families. Two lives have been needlessly taken and two seperate families will now be without a loved one forever. High crime riden areas will always be high crime ridden areas and as such precautions must be taken by the police. This cannot be done without the complete support of the Mayor and the residents of that city. When will enough be enough? When will citizens finally band together and say STOP! May God rest their souls and comfort their families.

Nichole @ 7/16/2014 4:16 AM

I agree with DPB, I don't think he went far enough. But it's not just the young black men either. I live in an area where white, black, and hispanic crime are all on equal footing. It's how these kids are raised, how they're treated, and how they're taught not to care about their actions. Kill or be killed. There is not "work hard for what you want" "treat others with respect so they do the same to you" "be kind to people so you can get the same in return". These sentiments don't exist for these kids. Everyone is a victim, no one is at fault for their own senseless actions. That is the problem.

MSC @ 7/16/2014 4:20 AM

Every time she walks or drives down the street she should get jacked. Every time, all day, all night. I bet she's holding.

Capt @ 7/16/2014 8:07 AM

Security Officers carrying handguns need to be held to atleast almost the same standard as any Peace Officer. That includes background, training, and physical assesment.

The Security didnt hardly even seem to care. But he seems as about as educated as the widow. Atleast the reporter had the sense of mind to say on camera she is wrong instead of agree with her.

Capt. Crunch @ 7/16/2014 9:45 AM

It is pretty obvious that some (not all) of these African American people in this community of Jersey are lacking a great deal of education. We may not be able to save the adults but I think we should focus on the children and teach them that the police are their friend and can be trusted. As for the adults, the Jersey PD, should use aggressive patrol this means cite or arrest for any minor crime.

Denise @ 7/17/2014 5:26 AM

I don't think it has anything of not being raised by a father, we all have choices and some of us just choose the wrong way is time people start owning up to their responsibilities and Capt. Crunch it is not only African Americans lack education there are a lot of uneducated ignorant white folks to so I don't agree with your comment. I am a single mother of two kids and they both went to college and has great jobs so is just that some of us from all nationalities make the wrong decisions.

Capt. Crunch @ 7/17/2014 9:25 AM

@Denise, I was referring to this large African America group in Jersey City, who were giving praise to the cop killer. I know as well as anybody there is good and bad in all races and the same with education trough out the world. I made no comment about single parents, so please don't twist my story around.