Calif. K-9 Recovering from Head Shot

An Anaheim, Calif., police dog underwent surgery Thursday night and remained heavily sedated in "a lot of pain" after being struck by a bullet in the face during a confrontation with a gunman. Police later shot and killed the gunman. Read Full Story Here.

March 21, 2014
2619 views

Tags: K-9 Units, Assaults on Officers, Anaheim (Calif.) PD

Mickey @ 3/22/2014 7:27 AM

How about addressing Bruno by his name, instead of just dog!

Jeff @ 3/22/2014 9:38 AM

As a retired K-9 handler I can not imagine how much pain the handler and Bruno are in right now. You both and your family are in my prayers.

James @ 3/22/2014 10:08 AM

As a retired K-9 handler and trainer I agree with Jeff. The relationship with the dog becomes almost like a child to the handler/partner and when a dog is injured or lost it is very painful.

Mickey the reason they call Bruno a dog is because some people watching the news can't seem to separate the dog from a human. We all see these mental blurring of facts by people working the streets, so the media tends to overly clarify things sometimes, and fails to other times.

My Prayers go out to Bruno, his handler and family and other officers who feel the pain of this incident.

James @ 3/22/2014 10:09 AM

Jeff I agree and my prayers go out to the handler and his family, and Bruno, as well as any other officers who feel for Bruno.

Doria @ 3/22/2014 8:58 PM

Many prayers from Pittsburgh Pa.We know what youre going thru as our city just went thru this with one of our own K9 Rocco.Its great to see the community pull together in support of K9 Officer Bruno.God speed. Thank you for the updates.Prayers! ♥

LOU @ 3/23/2014 7:29 AM

with tears in my eyes I listened to the video........if I could take away K9 Officer Bruno's pain and agony I would do it in a heart beat.........Sending thoughts and prayers to Bruno and his handler, family, friends and Law Enforcement....You gotta fight sweetie - you have tons of people pulling for you.....Please please keep us informed as to how our Hero is doing.....

TERRY F. ZECH @ 3/23/2014 8:24 AM

I lost my K-9 in PR. She was so good. It was another rookie handler that forgot the feeding instructions. However, she was so good and I loved my TANJA.

TERRY F. ZECH (VAPD) RET @ 3/23/2014 8:25 AM

Bruno get better quick. You saved other officers from possibly being killed and you did it without hesitation. Good Luck

Nicola @ 3/27/2014 7:42 AM

I agree with Mickey... stop addressing Bruno as "the dog" OR even as "its". He's a living, sentient creature who deserves the medal of honour. You wouldn't address a person as "the human". Please respect him enough to address him by his name.