Prisoner Tries Gun Grab In Court

A Hillsborough County (Fla.) Sheriff's deputy pulled away when a prisoner attempted to grab her duty pistol during a court hearing. Read the full story here.

August 02, 2013
4909 views

Tags: Hillsborough County (Fla.) Sheriff, Gun Grabs, Video Surveillance

John @ 8/2/2013 9:27 PM

It appears she pulled back, retaining control over her weapon. While two other Officers subdued the offender, she kept the other inmates in check by never taking her eyes off of them. In short, SHE DID THE RIGHT THING.

Dan @ 8/3/2013 9:09 AM

She reacted well and the situation was handled properly. I work in the court system as an officer we never have armed officers handling prisoners or even in the immediate area for just that reason. Not a criticism of the officers but those security protocols should be revised

Sgt. Mike @ 8/4/2013 3:35 AM

Nice work by all involved...except the Dirt Bag of course.

HappyJoe @ 8/6/2013 1:57 AM

Not sure I saw the same video as John and Dan. She was already moving away as he grabbed so did not pull back, after which she never even looked at the other inmates!

Renee @ 8/6/2013 3:40 AM

Yeah I have to agree with HappyJoe, I didn't see all that either. I am glad the outcome was favorable nonetheless.

Henry Johnson @ 8/6/2013 7:40 AM

It appeared to me that the officer needs to be more aware of officer safety. Granted, holsters now days have safety features that will help prevent "gun take aways," but what about exposing your weapon in the first place. The officers weapon was exposed to a felon. I am sure her FTO covered this.

tbone @ 8/8/2013 5:45 AM

glad she protected that water bottle while the men took the guy down. And she does nothing except freeze and stay motionless great training. female cops give departments bad names with videos like this