Ga. Deputies Probed for Home Entry

DeKalb County (Ga.) Sheriff's deputies are facing an internal investigation for an aggressive arrest after entering a home at 2 a.m. July 26. Read the full story here.

August 09, 2013
2884 views

Tags: DeKalb County (Ga.) Sheriff, Professional Image

Chris @ 8/9/2013 7:45 PM

If your not sure and you did nothing wrong then just open the door and stop crying like a baby. You didnt need to say all the prayers and you didnt need to pretend that you were scared. Open the door, answer the questions and they would have probably been on their way upon finding out that the address or person they were looking for wasnt there

Michael @ 8/9/2013 10:02 PM

Always looking for a pay day! What a joke.

scott @ 8/10/2013 11:41 AM

They had a warrant for her arrest. The end. The mother and son don't take any responsibility for their own actions. It could've all been avoided if they just opened the door. They clearly knew it was the Police at the door.

AO @ 8/10/2013 5:08 PM

I do wish someone would explain to the officers that there is no such thing as a "dooh". It's a DOOR. D O O RRRRR.

getum @ 8/12/2013 2:37 PM

this was totally uncalled for on the police side. The home owners should be paid real well. These officers were all morons....

krisnlc @ 8/12/2013 2:53 PM

Amazing...that people reading and viewing this think it is okay for the officers to act like this.... POLICE losing control of themselves, not the community...the community is already out-of-control and this is some of the reasons why... THIS is total BS... COPS...Check the frigging address you idiot.... dang man...what is this all about... ridiculous that chris and michael only see the negative on the public side... get real man, cops get paid to do the job right....if they want to video so what..do the job right and no worries on video.

dave @ 8/12/2013 2:56 PM

"just open the door" is a silly comment. The 4th amendment says you don't have to. The mistake these kids made was actually opening the door. The cops knew they didn't have the right to enter the house, that's why they stood outside for an hour banging on the door. I'd be very surprised if the cops didn't get sued for their actions. As a 25 year law enforcement veteran I was shocked by these officers actions.

Capt. Crunch @ 8/12/2013 4:52 PM

Some times all you need is a little common sense.

Ron @ 8/12/2013 10:59 PM

After watching this video twice I would have to say that they Deputies may have been in the right when they first came to the door but after the homeowners refuse to open the door that should have been the end of it. By continuing to bang on the "DOOR" (that's how it is spelled not DOOH") you went from being in the right to being in the wrong. The only way you can justify your actions is if you have a felony warrant for someone that you know beyond a shadow without a doubt is in that house. Not one time did I hear the words "We have a warrant for your arrest" nor even after the door was open did I hear a reason for the Deputies to be there. Please do not get me wrong I have been a LEO for 26+ years and I have knocked on hundreds of doors and yes I have gotten highly po'd when I knew someone was inside but yet refuse to open the door and yes I have pounded on the door over and over and over again but at some point you have to understand if they do not open the door you have got to walk away. There is always another day and sooner or later that subject you wish to take into custody will be in the open at which point you can lock that subject up. But to demand that a homeowner open his door or you will kick it down is wrong. We do have what is called the 4th amendment and I suggest you go and re-read that amendment then maybe you will understand why you sir were in the wrong.