Texas Cops Fired for Excessive Force

Two Jasper (Texas) Police officers have been fired by the City Council for allegedly using exessive force on a 25-year-old woman in the station. Read the story here.

June 03, 2013
4556 views

Tags: Jasper (Texas) PD, Excessive Force, Video Surveillance

Hog @ 6/3/2013 10:04 PM

where was the excessive force? I observed a good progression of control to that fat nasty bitch the whole time! the sarge tried to cuff her up...she got combative they took her down...she kept being combative...they put her in a cell...end of story. no strikes, no weapons used wtf? maybe it was a racially motivated termination because she was a black woman and they were white cops? i dont know?

Nichole @ 6/4/2013 4:46 AM

I'm confused myself. She seemed incredibly combative. The first officer tried to turn her around and cuff her several times, to which she resisted. The second officer appears behind her and subdues her so she could be cuffed. I don't see her kicking the second officer, but I do see her continuing to be combative even on the floor and cuffed, hence why he drug her by her foot to the cell. I also see her not cooperating with either of them to get off the floor, as you can see both of them trying to pull her up, so they drag her by her foot to the cell.

mwp72 @ 6/4/2013 5:16 AM

If she was injured in this altercation, it was her own fault. If she had injured the cops, it would have been deemed "just part of their job". In this case, the dirtbag got the worst of it, but since she's black and the officers are white, then it's automatically a civil rights violation. It's no longer about a court of law, it's all about the court of public opinion. Sickening.

2WhlBMW @ 6/4/2013 6:53 AM

The only exessive force I saw was when the officer pulled off the shoe and fell on his behind.

James @ 6/4/2013 1:37 PM

you 3 are ignorant fucks

EagleFive @ 6/4/2013 1:40 PM

Seriously, they were fired for this?! Is it just me or are agencies becoming more pro-suspect/inmate?? This definitely wasn't excessive force. Too many admin personnel sitting behind a desk and forgetting what it's like to do the job (if they ever did it).

rcsd72 @ 6/4/2013 3:41 PM

James, you obviously never tried to wrestle with someone that didn't want to do what you are telling them to do. You also have never worked in our shoes. Bottom line, you resist, you get hurt. End of story. This was in no way excessive.

H. M. Adams @ 6/4/2013 3:53 PM

The problem was the officers showed they were pissed off, appear angry and to a jury out of control. They could have used the same force, etc. but done so professionally and still be working. Don't let dips like this chick cost you your job.

Oliver @ 6/4/2013 5:27 PM

Haaaaa These guys are out of control, They should NEVER Pull on the Woman's Hair, This is Clasic Latin American Police Training, There are ways to control this type of Person without pulling Hair,
It is a eye opening for the rest of the Dep, What NOT to do.
Ok to fired these guys, No place for them Here

Bob@Az. @ 6/4/2013 5:57 PM

oliver, what were they supposed to grab? And I'm guessing your not an LEO or even know one, except by being arrested or detained. And you know all about Latin American Police training how? You saw a movie once? Too many Officers have been injured or killed in confrontations like this. Blues,Stay Safe.

don @ 6/4/2013 6:59 PM

I agree with H. M. as to what the perception on the video is. Need more information on the background of this and were these guys under the scope for other stuff? What I did see is that when the initial officer laid hands on her, he did not follow through. He backed off a couple of times. We need to follow through otherwise things can get out of control quickly and look bad.

Mark @ 6/4/2013 7:38 PM

It appears that the 1st officer gets a little hot under the collar and confronts the female by himself at first. I would have called for another officer into the area to help me. It's hard not to get into a shouting match with a suspect that is combative, but we as officers have to bite our tongue. I don't belive they should have been fired for what I saw.

john w bosnich @ 6/5/2013 1:54 AM

I LOVE IT WHEN HER SHOE COMES

j @ 6/5/2013 5:40 AM

hey slap nuts, if you are not an LEO, why are you on this site.

Steve @ 6/5/2013 7:26 AM

H.M.A. you hit the nail on the head. I obviously wasn't there but it looks like thirty seconds of verbal instruction in a calm manor would have possibly done wonders on the outcome of this incident. And if not, at least those in charge would have seen the attempt. It doesn't appear that the physical aspect of the confrontation is bad enough to warrant firing these officers, which leads me to wonder if maybe this wasn't their first complaint for this kind of activity. Hopefully it wasn't racially motivated.

tony @ 6/5/2013 11:16 AM

I don't know anymore than most of you what happened before we get the video, however, the two officers are out of control, way too aggressive for this situation and have proved themselves undeserving of our trust as peace officers. Nichole, have someone handcuff your hands behind your back and then lay you down on the floor. See how long it takes you to get up on your feet! After these two officers secured the prisoner, they could have helped her to her feet. That alone could have saved their jobs. And, Bob in AZ, you are right when you say, "too many Officers have been injured or killed in confrontations like this", but you are right maybe for the wrong reason. When officers lose control, the situation then is out of control, the result is, people get injured or even killed. Many times because the officers lose control. In every confrontation, somebody has to act like the adult, even though everyone else is acting like a child. This is the only chance for there to be a non-violent solution or at least prevent the situation from getting out of hand. By the way, I have been doing this job before most of you were born so don't even suggest I don't know what I am talking about. From a personal standpoint, I think those of you who shave your head are starting off with a negative impression from the public.

House @ 6/12/2013 6:12 AM

@tony "I think those of your who shave your head are starting off with a negative impression from the public" are you fing serious? you sound like a retard man...i hope your not LEO cuz if you are id hate to work with you. another soft a$$ speaking about how nice we should be when were fighting/scrapping with people...give me a break! if this is "out of control" for you keep riding that desk/dont leave the courthouse please.

Steve @ 6/25/2013 7:56 AM

Civilian White City Counsel 'Politicians' Point Of View: Strike 1) She's black, their white...... Strike 2) Cop one is pissed right off the bat shoving his chair which show angry intent and lack of professionalism,.....Strike 3) Cop two looks just like cop one = 2 bald headed big authoritarian white thugs against one oppressed adult child minority = Pressure from liberal and minority towns folk ...... Remedy > Have a big bald headed black officer or two do the same thing and video wont even make it to this fine web site ( welcome to the 24/7 reality show YOUR the star )

John Q. Public @ 7/25/2013 2:04 AM

The officers should not have been fired. The only thing "wrong" I see is that the officer pulling that woman should have been more careful, he could have hurt himself in that fall.

Jmo @ 8/13/2013 12:49 AM

I am a criminal defense attorney and still don not see any use of excessive force. Would gladly rep those LEO's because she could have been subjected to "real" excessive force...

Here's a thought...Nobody likes the guy arresting you but maybe, just maybe, don't act like ignorant fool and create problems for yourself. All I saw was a person giving the cops problems and was placed in a holding cell for it until she could be dealt with at a later time.

Oh, and for all you people who want to toss "racism" in the mix for no good reason other to inflame hatred at these LEO's, I AM NOT WHITE!!!