N.J. Cop Punches Woman

An Elizabeth (N.J.) Police officer is facing an internal affairs probe for punching a woman during a chaotic scene outside a nightclub. Read the full story here.

March 07, 2013
2817 views

Tags: Elizabeth (N.J.) PD, Physical Confrontations, Citizen Video

Don Moore @ 3/7/2013 7:18 PM

Well, guess what, the video does not show what happened right before that. It's either edited or does not show the whole story. Lets get the whole story out.

Ken C @ 3/8/2013 5:03 AM

you touch a cop you get punched. That's it.

Jodi @ 3/8/2013 5:20 AM

Exactly as Ken C put it. No one has the right to touch me when in uniform. If you touch me, I will get you off. And this officer is alone in the middle of a fight!!! What was he supposed to do?? Allow the group to over take him??? I hate the people in society that feel victimized because they think they can do whatever with no repercussions.

Lt. Sal @ 3/8/2013 5:21 AM

One time it would be nice to hear a comment on the side of law enforcement. You mean not one person interviewed said anything about viewing the whole story. Now she is called a victim. The video does not look good, but lets hear his side.

Really? @ 3/8/2013 6:23 AM

I agree Ken C. You touch a cop you should be prepared for the consequences. The chick was drunk, and drunk people are harder to handle. He had every right to get her to BACK OFF!

Strip @ 3/8/2013 6:29 AM

For the knowledgeable, I am preaching to the choir. The job is that of offense, not defense. A person lunges at you, grabs at you, pushes you, must you wait until they strike you (or other)? NOPE. If you find yourself in a defensive mode, then chances are you missed what the FBI calls "a clue".

Jim B. @ 3/8/2013 6:50 AM

I'd also like to see more of the video if there is more and to know the whole story but I see enough on the video as it is. She was fighting with him!! She lunged at the officer and was putting her hands on him. It appears to in response to the officer grabbing the other individual (presumably trying to arrest him). She didn't like that and chose to interfere. Bad choice on her part and she suffered the consequences. I see no problem with the officers actions whatsoever. Hopefully his department is smart enough to see that as well.

John @ 3/8/2013 1:25 PM

This reminds me of the white male officer in Seattle who punched a black female civilian after she pushed him. It upset me that he didn't punch the bitch with more force. A women should be treated like a man if she is going to push, hit or physically obstruct an officer when he is dealing with a suspect. A female should only be treated like a lady if she is acting like one.

meh @ 3/10/2013 12:48 PM

The cop has a gun, mace, and probably a baton. The woman is in high heels and a tight dress. She is no threat. If you feel a touch is enough to warrant a grown man punching a drunk woman in high heels in the face there is something wrong. The cop has plenty of time to see who he is punching.

RICHARD ISAACS @ 3/10/2013 8:05 PM

you want to play with the men, be prepared to be treated like one.

Nichole @ 3/11/2013 3:42 AM

A good lesson in "keep your hands to yourself".

I agree with Strip, this is a job of offense. You are always on your guard and doing what it takes to keep yourself and others safe, keep situations from escalating, and taking care of a situation quickly.

She didn't just try to separate the fight. She started clawing at the officer. Sorry sweetheart, you got what you deserved.