Mo. Cop Suspended for Rough Arrest

A St. Louis Police officer has been suspended for allegedly assaulting a suspect during an arrest at a downtown casino. During the arrest, the officer appears to grab the suspect by his neck. Read the full story here.

February 27, 2013
2157 views

Tags: Physical Confrontations

Adam @ 2/27/2013 3:50 PM

All I can focus on is how grossly overweight this particular officer is... To me, this is worse than his particular actions during this video...

Ja Tu @ 2/28/2013 7:57 AM

Obama is creating new jobs...the newest position open is to comit a crime, run from the police then sue for being arrested. To increase the payout make sure you resist arrest so you can say they were rough on you...then of course, deny that you ever resisted.

Bill @ 2/28/2013 2:42 PM

That is without question, the fattest cop I've ever seen. Don't these departments have physical requirements any longer? The guy is a walking heart attack waiting to happen. I can just see him chasing a suspect.

charlie @ 2/28/2013 6:27 PM

I totally agree with Adam and Bill! WTF is this blob doing on the streets in uniform to begin with? It's obvious he has no pride or concern about his looks, fitness, or how he's representing his department. Even worse, the department obviously could care less either!

Hank @ 2/28/2013 6:58 PM

Didn't anyone see him wringing his hand shortly afterward? That's the universal signal for more Ding Dongs.
Help a brother out.

Steve @ 3/1/2013 6:48 AM

This officer probably isn't a street cop but a casino cop, who, unless it was his first day on the job, is bound to have known there were cameras everywhere. He would surely have to have 'power of arrest' to be able to carry a gun. Anyone ever see the "feeds" they can put on at a casino. This officer should definitely stay away from that part of the casino!
If the one time he grabs the perp. on the back of his neck is the issue, I agree, that's pretty lame. What I can't figure out is why this officer is trying to convince the perp. of something...arm gestures, in your face yelling, etc.
Like trying to convince a drunk that he is indeed drunk...a waste of breath!!

Capt David-retired LA Cou @ 3/1/2013 10:39 AM

Hey, didn't Michele Obama just say being fat was OK, some sort of personal decision.. Give Blimpy a break..

Gunner @ 3/4/2013 9:27 AM

I know a cop that is even larger than this one, Sidney Ohio Police, Detective Scott Rooms, used to be a patrolman and was large, now a detective and has gotten larger and is the lead officer of the sex crimes unit

Nick @ 3/6/2013 11:38 AM

Let's be real! Suspect ran, resisted and suffered the consequences. The bad guys know how silly our laws are and work this lousy system to their advantage. Cameras or not, the bad guy is not the cop but the idiot that ran and got caught!

drew stimley @ 3/14/2013 3:41 PM

I must have missed something here, where is the abuse??? The only thing I can see the officer did was attempt to have a battle of wits with a unarmed person. Last time I checked, normal acting people dont have to be handcuffed to a wheel chair. I dont know who the liberal ass kissing, political correct goof was on the police department that suspended this guy, but they need to grow a pair and tell this criminal and his lawyer to get a job. Stand strong officer, and ps..might want to hit the salad bar next meal break, just sayin...

Bob@Az. @ 3/20/2013 6:52 PM

That'll teach this cretin to try and steal that box of Twinkies!! Got to go with most of the posts, this Officer would not be my first choice for backup. And I did catch the little "oops" on the rear bumper with the perps head. Ah cameras, their everywhere! Blues, Stay Safe.