Autonomous Robots Prevent Crime

Ask The Expert

Stacy Dean Stephens

VP Marketing & Sales

Push-Up Punishment In R.I.

North Providence (R.I.) Police launched an internal investigation after several officers were videotaped making teenage burglary suspects do push-ups. Read the full story here.

November 27, 2012
2301 views

Lee @ 11/27/2012 4:22 PM

So.....they vandelized a mailbox whos owner didn't even want to press charges because the damage was so minmal...They wouldn't have gone to jail anyways....Correct me if I am wrong....I think it's kinda funny they did push ups.

Jeff @ 11/27/2012 6:44 PM

Dear mister Mayor, that's why you're a politician and not a Chief of Police. You are obviously we blowing this way out of proportion because you want to play politics and throw your wait around

CO @ 11/28/2012 6:01 AM

Let me get this straight, high school gym teachers make kids do extra exercises as punishment all the time but cops who do the same thing are doing something bad? Time to grow up people!

Dan @ 11/28/2012 7:24 AM

If people would have been doing this all along instead of "playing paddy-cake" with kids when they caused mischief, maybe we would not be having some of the issues we have now!

Steve @ 11/28/2012 8:28 AM

As a former Police officer myself I have dealt out a little street punishment myself, I did this in lieu of arresting them. Those boys doing pushups weren't hurt, they might have been embarrassed a little but not hurt nor were they arrested and now given a Juvie record. The Mayor is off base, the Chief should back his Officers, those in the Public who are complaing, sit down shut up and go finish drinking your cool-aid.

Sir @ 11/28/2012 7:59 PM

Damn teenagers! Maybe that teens wanted to do a push-ups, instead of some citation or charge with vandalization. Maybe the cops should've make the damn neighbor to do push-ups instead of recording. Good luck next time you call cops for your mailbox!

gl @ 11/29/2012 2:35 AM

Everytime a cop wants to give someone a break they get in trouble for silly stuff. I say protect yourself and just arrest them all or cite them all. Push ups are the great american way to teach kids they have done something wrong. With the kids being overweight these days, these cops should get a life saving award.

lylegunner @ 11/29/2012 7:41 AM

Push-up are a great method of embarrassing delinquents. It works well in prisons too> if a thug doesn't want to go see the LT for minor infractions (requiring me to write reports) he can give me few dozen push-ups. It is a win-win for the inmate: he doesn't risk going to the hole and he gets some healthy exercise.