Texas Deputy Wrestles With Home Invaders

A shirtless Bexar County (Texas) Sheriff's deputy fought with three robbery suspects outside of his home on Sunday. The fight was captured on a neighbor's surveillance camera. Read the full story here.

May 24, 2012
9240 views

Tags: Off-Duty Incidents, Bexar County (Texas) Sheriff

TripWire @ 5/24/2012 3:32 PM

Good for him, I'm just glad that he didn't get hurt. They are lucky that they didn't get shot while they were in his house.

Robocop @ 5/24/2012 6:19 PM

Man, what was he thinking? He should have pulled his weapon and held them there until on-duty police could arrive. Not only should he have had his weapon close by but when i was active I also had handcuff that I could grab quickly near my firarm. Heck, to this day I still have not only my weapon fairly close, I also have a set of cuffs in my top drawer. Glad he is okay and that the bad guys went to jail.

Jim @ 5/24/2012 6:22 PM

Organized criminal activity.

Regular guy @ 5/24/2012 7:24 PM

Robocop really? I'm sure every crook always did as you said, and you always were better prepared than them.

Sky @ 5/24/2012 8:00 PM

Great job, he gives "Don't Mess with Texas" a new meaning. Okay he didn't have a firearm but he did what he had to do without one, and he did have a weapon, himself, he survived and the bad guys and gal went to jail. Kudos.

Thor @ 5/24/2012 9:25 PM

Robbery? Burglary? The crimes are not even close but reporters mix them up as interchangable terms all the time. Of course assault and battery is not mentioned. In Colorado an invader is subject to deadly force and the person being invaded (you could be in a motel room) cannot be criminally charged or sued civilally by a relative to the deceased. Little problem both intruders and cops have on private property in called curtilage. Cops are intruding once they step off the private sidewalk--if they survive they are charged with trespass.

Bob@Az. @ 5/24/2012 9:31 PM

Glad the Officer is OK, but I wonder about his "neighbors". I didn't notice anyone coming to his aid, as I would expect in my neighborhood. I understand the "don't get involved" mindset of most sheep but am upset that this occured on his own front lawn. Good neighbors? Hmm.

James @ 5/25/2012 7:40 AM

Awesome job! Those scumbags will think twice about breaking and entering again. Just a first rate job by a courageous officer!

Capt David-retired LA Cou @ 5/25/2012 8:17 AM

What the %&$#...where in the hell was this deputies piece? One against three. I know we are macho but in fact this guy could have been seriously injured or killed in his MMA debut....

Brandon @ 5/25/2012 8:35 AM

Yea, just shooting them would have made the world a better place but he did one hell of a job! I agree that the neighbors left him hanging. Just one of them coming out and causing a distraction would have kept the other two out of the picture I bet. Robocop, you make a good point about the gun, but if he was sleeping on the couch or somewhere else? And when could he have cuffed the one suspect he had? the cuffs would have been dropped in the wrestling match and if he did have them on him still, he never had good control of the suspects hands or arms as he was actively resisting. Just because he is cuffed does not mean he is now safe to leave alone while you deal with his friends.

Retired Cop @ 5/25/2012 9:09 AM

I watched this a couple of times and noticed when the third guy showed up he lifted his left shirt sleeve and seemed to be trying to show the deputy something on his arm. Gang tattoo? More importantly, the deputy didn't get hurt. I was glad to see he had no problem decking the female. Just to be clear, I don't condone nor participate in violence toward women. However, I think a lot of male cops have gotten themselves hurt or killed because they let their guard down when dealing with female suspects. Let's all be careful out there on and off-duty.

AZBIGDOG @ 5/26/2012 5:46 AM

Apparently there was one who called the officers. Not sure if more was needed, looked like the Deputy had it covered. I'll go with neighbors being partially helpful. Deputy was outstanding example of never give up.