Indy Cop's Family Spares Life of Son's Killer

Spencer Moore, a retired Indianapolis Metro Police Department lieutenant, explains why the family agreed to accept a life sentence for the killer of his son, Officer David Moore.

March 15, 2012
1797 views

Tags: Cop Killers, Indianapolis Metro PD, Families of Officers

Dave @ 3/15/2012 4:51 PM

Cop killers should be automatically sentenced to the death penalty. There should be no option.

John @ 3/16/2012 4:28 AM

A very brave decision by the family and one that does honor their son's memory. Kudos and prayers to you all. Also, as one who has worked in some of the toughest prisons in NY and who felt the same as Dave when I started, life without parole is a far worse penalty than death!

Neal @ 3/16/2012 5:19 AM

The Morre family is a class act. I met them last year. Their decision honors David and demonstrates that sometimes warriors must show compassion to their enemy.

Commander Griffin @ 3/17/2012 5:05 AM

God bless this family and let us follow their acts of kindness.

Dan Kubath @ 3/17/2012 9:22 AM

This one awesome family. Unselfishly, the Moore's gave David's heart to my neighbor, Brenda, so she could live her life. Now, they spare their son's slayer. This is a law enforcement family of which America can be proud. They have their values straight and as a retired LEO, I know that I would have fallen short of the mark.

James B @ 3/17/2012 3:36 PM

I may not have that level of compassion, with divine intervention I will not face that issue.

Sean McCullough @ 5/27/2012 10:48 AM

It should be the death penalty whether it was a cop or the average citizen. Murder is murder. You people are nothing special. There are millions of people who do good for mankind...get a grip.