NYPD Drug Arrest In the Bronx

Four NYPD officers are seen using batons to arrest a drug suspect in the Bronx. The department is investigating the officers.

February 01, 2012
5838 views

Tags: NYPD, Citizen Video, Using Batons

L @ 2/2/2012 5:06 PM

I saw a suspect throw a kick, and resist...maybe a little over the top by the officers, but I don't see an event that should terminate their employment.

AusFost1 @ 2/2/2012 5:55 PM

Batons always look way worse than they are, but the guy sinking the slipper into the suspect is the troublemaker: then threatening to spray the cameraman. How arrogant are you, thinking no one will film cops in public these days! Mate, all our actions are filmed, most of the time. Simple as that. Not a sacking offence, but he definitely deserves some "re training" time in the art of self preservation and b*tt covering!

jason v @ 2/3/2012 4:20 AM

I saw a person being taken down with force but once he's on the ground he is kicked and they keep stiking him with the batons. I feel they should have restrained the suspet with out the batons once he was on the ground. It looks bad but it wasnt a "rodney king beating"

PC @ 2/3/2012 9:55 AM

I saw a group of Officers who need to spend some time in the gym. It's not their actions that are appalling it's their physical appearance. More weights less carbs.

CA @ 2/24/2012 12:17 PM

I second PC's obs

LT.EWOK @ 2/26/2012 2:20 PM

Using your baton always looks worse than it is. I use to carry the old wooden baton ( night stick ) with the hole dilled in the middle for the leather strap that wrapped around your hand. The first time I had to use it, I struck the perp on the lower legs and the night stick broke in two on the first strike. Needless to say after that it went to hand to hand combat where I was injured. PR24 all the way I say!

Brandon @ 5/8/2012 10:55 AM

I agree with PC as well. The guy was obviously not putting his hands behind his back. The problem is the image given by the officers. Poor physical condition and uniform appearance to begin with. Then that they are swinging wildly with batons when they more likely to hit another cop than the bad guy. The SGT running around like he hasnt a clue makes them look even more incompetent.

Rev. Lowrey @ 5/8/2012 4:03 PM

It looked irresponsible and excessive to me. That many cops, with all that weight could have taken this man down without clubs and the "slipper" was a boot and was totally unnecessary. Threatening bystanders just contributes to a hostile environment for LEOs to do their "legitimate" work. These guys deserve more than a slap on the wrist. Policing is an important position of trust. That trust is destroyed by this kind of weak, wrong behavior.

Charlie @ 6/2/2012 10:02 PM

Probably the most disturbing moment of the entire video was the Sgt. waddling around looking like he weighed at least 350 pounds (and that's taking the vest into consideration). Doesn't the department have any type of restrictions on physical fitness? I retired after 28 years of service and sadly saw more then one clown like him slug their way through the ranks, Amazing!