Army Vet Rams Cruisers In Vegas

Las Vegas Metro Police officers were forced to use deadly force against Stanley Gibson, who rammed the cruisers of officers who had responded to reports of a burglary at an apartment complex.

December 15, 2011
3967 views

Tags: Las Vegas Metro PD

Jack @ 12/15/2011 7:11 PM

Whats the fact he was a vet have to do with it? More sensationalist BS. I mean really, how about a headline that reads "evil pigs waste disabled army hero"...that's what you really want to title it anyway. Should they have waited until the car caught fire? He was able to escape with the vehicle and turn it into a high speed chase? A better headline would be "idiot rams cops, won't stop threatening actions despite numerous warnings"

DJ @ 12/16/2011 10:33 AM

I like how the NAACP and ACLU say he was unarmed. He was armed with a 4000 pound car. Maybe he should intentionally run over a member of the NAACP or ACLU and then we can see if they still say he was unarmed.

Greg @ 12/16/2011 10:37 AM

I agree, 100% with the above statement.

Morning Eagle @ 12/16/2011 5:32 PM

My thoughts exactly Jack and DJ. It is regrettable if he was truly suffering from PTSD yet it was his actions at that moment in time that the officers had to react to. It is doubtful they had the opportunity of interviewing him first to find out what was bothering him. I would be willing to bet that no one in the NAACP or ACLU cares one whit about the person himself or what his troubles were. They see this as a useful opportunity to use his death at the hands of police to further their nefarious agendas of doing whatever they can to influence public opinion against law enforcement. They do not care who got hurt or killed as long as they can get some headlines out of it and maybe some big out of court settlements while portraying (with the willing help of the media) police as the true bad guys. They make me sick.

bg @ 12/19/2011 10:04 AM

Looks like a good shot to me. If you try and ram a cop with a car, you get shot. Simple enough. I guess the ACLU and NACCP wanted them to tazer the car or pepper spray the tires...

AZBIGDOG @ 12/22/2012 7:45 AM

Better yet, like firearms, we need to ban all cars from persons who are mentally ill, have mental problems or have shown themselves to be unable to adjust to life. Sorry, I got caught up in the moment of believing in fairy tales. I actually thought the bans would solve the problems of violence toward officers and civilians alike.

Ben @ 6/1/2013 8:18 PM

Thank goodness the Sheriff announced yesterday he is planning on terminating the officer who shot this un armed man. I don't care what anyone says, you are responsible for every bullet that comes out of your gun. You do not fire on anyone unless you feel that "YOU" are in immanent danger. You do not fire just because other officers fire. Las Vegas Police have publicly admitted the shooting was not criminal but a tragic mistake. A mistake that cost a man his life.