Vehicle Stop Punch In Ga. Divides Force Experts

Springfield (Ga.) Police are under the microscope regarding this cruiser-cam footage of an officer punching a subject during a traffic stop. This news report with the footage is courtesy of WSAV.

May 24, 2011
5718 views

Tags: Vehicle Stops, Use-of-Force Policies

dingo3497 @ 5/25/2011 4:35 AM

The perp was not doing as directed. He admits that he was not "putting his hands behind his back". When asked why by the reporter, he states"because he was trying to figure out what he was being arrested for." Case closed. No excessive force used. Oh yea, the so called expert sounds to be nothing but a PR hound.

Mike M @ 5/25/2011 6:12 AM

Lets see....The offender (that's what he is) refused to comply with a direct order to place his hands behind his back. No matter if he did not believe he should be arrested or not, that is a crime in itself. Then he states "I was trying to figure out what I was going to do."

They should have just let him ride the Lightning for another full 5 second ride. They have Tasers, they had just deployed them. Use them again for they were intended for and there would be NO use of force issue here.

Dmax @ 5/25/2011 10:38 AM

Never mind all that I just paid $4.19 a gal for gas!

Angry Dave @ 5/25/2011 2:49 PM

the suspect says on camera, "I did not put my hands behind my back as I was told cause I wanted to know why I was going to jail." He is 6 foot something and over 200 pounds, lets chat and wait.
the detective knocked that big guy off his feet and they still had to tussle to get him in cuffs.
Oh and the use of force guy, one question, what was the last time you were or ever in a real fight??

Angry @ 5/26/2011 5:57 PM

not sure whats worse, the sick feeling I have when listening to the "use of force expert" or the media's inability to see the threat these offenders pose. Society has become so anti-police its become nearly impossible to deal with criminals.

HOUSE @ 6/1/2011 8:35 PM

Wow the press is having a a good ol' sit down next to Mr. I don't want to got to jail and resist the po po so me and my homie gets tazed scumbag. You have got to be fing kidding me. Yeah you gonna get punched. Its called resisting. My biggest beef is with that pos old guy who supposedly did Public Service for 40 years and is now is a consultant. You must have done 40 years behind a desk or as an SRO. Retire for good this time. No more bad mouthing good civil servants on international tv so you can make money. fyou Jackass

Boyce G @ 6/3/2011 11:56 PM

Wow. Not only to I get to see the city's hired THUGS in action, I get to read some of their comments too. Like this "House" slug, obviously another of the city's hired THUGS putting in his two cents. Imagine a person getting that emotionally riled up over some opinions. Don't they have tests to weed out the emotionally disturbed before they get a badge & a gun?

Steve @ 6/7/2011 7:12 PM

The UOF Expert Connor must have worked in a nice upscale suburb. 'nuf said.