Missouri Man Fires AK-47 at Pursuing Officers

Cody Wilcoxson led St. Robert (Mo.) Police on a 23-mile pursuit on May 13 where he fired an AK-47 at officers, including Chief Curtis Curenton's side-view mirror.

May 17, 2011
10331 views

Tags: Assaults on Officers, Vehicle Pursuits

nosradna @ 5/17/2011 8:23 PM

If this idiot every sees freedom again it will be a travesty of justice. Thank GOD he didnt do more damage! AWESOME job by the pursuing officer. Commendable to the nth degree. Under fire at 120 mph he was still calling his location, maintained control of his car and avoided hitting any innocent civilians. Officer of the Year anyone?

AspiringOfficer @ 5/17/2011 8:55 PM

He's got my vote nosradna. The entire video we saw a high speed chase with all the distractions and this officer peformed to the highest degree. Well Done!

L.Argueta @ 5/17/2011 11:05 PM

Great job by the pursuing Officer(s). You got another vote from me.

Larry @ 5/18/2011 5:22 AM

Good driving, by both.
Now what is the Rest of The Story?

PC @ 5/18/2011 5:49 AM

Wow! Incredible driving and performance under the most stressful situations. Great job by the officers. He's got my vote.

thomas murphy @ 5/18/2011 5:53 AM

Holy sh** !!! Great job !!! Wow !!!

JJ Golliday @ 5/18/2011 7:54 AM

Great job. As a Texas licensed performance driving instructor, I say this officer did an outstanding job. I had a 27 mile pursuit on I-20 at speeds up to 120 mph and it was intense. I might add that was without some POS shooting at me. Good job bud. JJG

scpdblue @ 5/18/2011 11:31 AM

Good job on the pursuit,Good call out on location and speed. Great job on vehicle positioning to avoid rifle fire. 5 Stars.

jdj369 @ 5/18/2011 10:42 PM

Excellent driving and control by pursuing officer. I commend you for you skill and composure

OfficerFriendly @ 5/19/2011 3:13 PM

Hey Officer, stop using other motorists as cover. Shameful.

kr @ 5/21/2011 7:56 AM

Too bad this human garbage wasn't neutralized on the spot.

TrueSon @ 5/21/2011 10:25 PM

I don't get the positioning. Wouldn't it be have been just as easy for the shooter to reach over with the gun in his right hand and shoot out the rear-right as it would have been to hold the gun out the driver window and shoot towards the rear-left? Why is the right side considered safer? Please explain.

Murray DaCop @ 5/24/2011 1:23 PM

Hey "Officer friendly", you re an absolute Idiot!! This officer did an outstanding job! Driving at excessively high speeds, giving over locations etc... Helluva job!

EVOC Guru @ 5/24/2011 9:04 PM

I have to agree with Ofc. Friendly on this one. I don't have the time to debrief this but the officer's driving was not safe and not tactical for the situation. Spike strips? How about a rifle? It appeared there were several chances for firearms to be used on this suspect and they would have been justified. The whole point of using force is to stop the suspect from going into a city and running into a building and creating a hostage situation. There may be resource issues here, but all parties are very lucky. The officer did do a good job of keeping calm and calling out his location, but driving is need of some training to 2011 court standards. I am still shocked that not one back up officer appeared to be ready with a firearm. If the suspect has an AK-47 does it really matter if you follow him 100 feet away or 300 feet away-it would be a lucky shot either way at 100+ miles per hour. You need to get up on his driver side blind spot and take him out. It sure looked like you had the calvary behind you.

Capt Stuart @ 5/24/2011 10:27 PM

hey I do not know if he was using the other motorists as cover or if he was trying to create a difficult angle for the bad guy to continue shooting at him and keep those rounds from hitting the traffic from the on coming lanes across the median. Ill give him that, and you should reconsider as well.

Jimmy @ 6/29/2011 7:26 AM

Officer is a damn GOOD job!!!!!

bearman @ 7/30/2011 3:25 PM

Now that's how you drive hell of a job by the officer

german1937 @ 7/30/2011 7:58 PM

Love to watch those two in the Indi 500!!!!!
Congrats Officer !!!!!!
What happened to both drivers???????

german1937 @ 7/30/2011 8:00 PM

Glad I am not a Highway Patrolman !!!!!! Great driving. What happened to the "low life"???????

julia @ 1/2/2012 1:53 PM

Great job by officer kept up,calling 10-20 excellent driving skills

Bob@Az. @ 1/2/2012 2:09 PM

Add my vote! Talk about grace under pressure. And Officerfriendly, I may assume you've never ran code three in your life (?). I noted a lot of people not responding to lights & siren but I did not see that Officer "hidding". I saw a LEO putting himself in harms way many times to avoid endangering civilians. Maybe you should get out more. See the real world from street level. Again, great job Officer!!

Bob@Az. @ 1/3/2012 6:06 PM

Officerfriendly, please drop the sneering. How many code 3s' have you rolled on where the pos was unloading an AK in your direction? This Officer has my vote too! Great job and he went home at end of shift. AND nobody else got hurt. Wonderful.