Officer Pepper Sprays Squirrel

A Mesquite (Texas) Police officer is seen using pepper spray on a baby squirrel in front of a group of students.

April 11, 2011
2887 views

Tags: Campus Safety, Citizen Video, Less-Lethal Force, Pepper Spray

Jessy @ 4/11/2011 7:20 PM

Wat is this officer thinking?? WTF

Laura @ 4/12/2011 9:18 AM

While the officer's behavior and the pepper spay may have been an over reaction. The Baby Squirrel's behavior was odd and it possibly could have had rabies. I unfortunately have seen a fox with rabies out in a school yard approaching people. Was the squirrel captured and checked? No one answers that question.

Michael @ 5/13/2011 12:51 PM

Guess he had to spray the critter because the SWAT team hadnt made it yet. WTF is right.......

HB @ 8/11/2011 7:43 PM

All it would take is one child to be bitten by this squirrel and then the parents would be screaming bloody murder.

Good job on the cops part for being proactive in the safety of the students.

Mesquite Cops are the best in the DFW metroplex.

Tactical @ 2/17/2012 1:01 PM

Has to be the biggest P*$$^ I have seen in a while. LIL bastard is looking for food at the minimum. IT'S A Squirrel! Side note, hoping to get laid from one of the broads behind me telling me not to do this.
Simpleton..

Steve E @ 2/25/2012 2:04 AM

Let me guess and he shoots at the neighbors cattle on the way home and kicks the cat in the drive way. SURVEY SAYS >> loser <<

Random @ 4/8/2012 3:08 AM

Rabies has been spreading from bats lately and its behavior is unusual. I would probably have had dispatch call animal control. If no animal control was available, I would capture it and have them pick it up. I admit, It is possible it has been trained to take food from local kids.

Note: Watch out for the crazy animal liberation people after this video.

PC9744 @ 10/3/2012 11:31 PM

Yum...nothing wrong with a little spicy seasoning on your prey...