Rough Arrest In East Texas

Paris (Texas) PD's Officer Jeremy Massey was suspended for two days for this rough arrest in which he slammed an 18-year-old onto the cruiser's hood. Was it too rough? Add your comment below.

July 16, 2010
4061 views

rdavis0314 @ 7/30/2010 6:24 AM

It would be difficult to comment objectively when you don't know the full story. Without knowing what the nature of the initial call was and what they had to deal with before the patrol car arrived (with the camera), it would be impossible to know what the mindset was and why decisions were made or why particular actions were taken.

rdavis0314 @ 7/30/2010 6:34 AM

I did a Google search and found this article:

Sounds like emotions were high to me and the back up officer got there just in time. That could have gotten bad real quick if the plain clothes officer had had to deal with three to four individuals by himself.

scpdblue @ 8/30/2010 4:11 PM

I too would like to know what happened before this kid was slung onto the unit. I tried the link below but found nothing

scpdblue @ 8/30/2010 4:27 PM

NOW THE REST OF THE STORY; Massey, wearing plain clothes, apparently approached Gill, while he was picking pecans to question him about a stolen vehicle. Prior to the starting of the dashboard clip from a second uniformed officer's cruiser, Gill had kicked Massey in the shoulder, while the officer tried to handcuff him, according to documents obtained by TiffNews10.

A second officer reported that Gill—he faces charges of disorderly conduct, criminal mischief, resisting arrest, and assault on a public servant—also kicked and damaged the rear window of a cruiser.

scpdblue @ 8/30/2010 4:33 PM

Now that I have the rest of the story I will comment. I can see the sharks circling because they see money,The sharks are as followed: NAACP,rev.Sharpton,the rainbow Push Coalition (jesse jacksons meat ticket) and so-called community leaders ready to shout NO JUSTICE,NO PEACE that is until they get payed off by the Paris TX PD. Then they will swim away looking for another incident involving a white L.E.O.

fate300m @ 10/20/2011 3:45 AM

I am wondering why they did not arrest the guy with no tshirt. He was acting very animated and then attempted to break out the window of the truck. Couldnt he be charged with Criminal Mischief or Reckless Damage?

sniper244 @ 10/20/2011 7:50 PM

Officer Massey was my first training officer. He has never shown any signs of a "quick temper" or over reacting to stress. It has been 9 years since I worked with him, but I am confident that he had his reason(s) for the action. Without being there though, I could not even begin to make any judgements about this incident. I do know that Paris is an extremely dangerous and volatile city for such a small size. PPD has been under the microscope ever since the Black Panthers went in and caused so much trouble. I would expect this to pass just like all the other complaints against the city.

sniper244 @ 10/20/2011 7:51 PM

And there was nothing to charge the shirtless guy with. No damage, no offense in Tx.