Las Vegas Cop Rear-Ends Motorcycle

A Las Vegas Metro Police officer has been placed on paid leave, after rear-ending a motorcycle rider and reacting angrily to the subject. Read the full story here.

March 11, 2013
3038 views

Tags: Las Vegas Metro PD, Internal Investigations, Citizen Video

Sgt. Mike @ 3/11/2013 7:30 PM

BAD.

Carlo @ 3/11/2013 11:51 PM

WOW......Very unprofessional in my opinion.

Dan B @ 3/12/2013 9:13 AM

Not the best face to put on, but I suspect the officer was set up. Why does anyone drive around with a helmet cam operating? Why does he slow down and then proceeds very slowly compared to the rest of the traffic? My guess is the rider did not want to risk more damage to his bike or injury to himself.

Mack @ 3/12/2013 3:04 PM

@Dan, many motorcycle riders have their cameras on their helmets for the purpose of either uploading the videos later on YouTube, or safety in a circumstance where there is a collision.

My personal opinion on the matter, the police officer at hand did behave somewhat "pumped-up" and rude, but he did offer a handshake which was the gentleman thing to do. I also saw his seniority stripes, and I believe I counted 4 or 5, 20+ years on the job - could've just had a bad day.

Lurker @ 3/13/2013 3:28 PM

I'm 110% pro-LEO, and will give the benefit of the doubt to any cop in almost all situations (especially since we are never there to see what happened before the camera started rolling)... but this one makes cops look bad... I don't think the biker did anything wrong, he was obviously slowing down to let the car change lanes... Then threatening a bunch of tickets when he's the one who hit the bike? I just call BS on this officer's actions, extremely unprofessional, bad day or not...

Tribal509 @ 3/14/2013 4:57 PM

as a full-time officer I watch these videos and to be honest it sometimes hard to justify why officers say and do the things they do. I makes not only him but all of us officers look bad and causes the public to paint a bad picture of all law enforcement officers in general. looked to me the officer made a mistake and didn't want to man up and take responsibility, so played the I can stroke you out abunch of tickets roll, and tried to make the rider at fault... you hit a bike, man up and face it. accidents are going to happen.

Lurker @ 3/15/2013 11:58 AM

Absolutely agree with Tribal509....couldn't have hit the nail any more on the head...

Zed405 @ 5/8/2013 2:08 PM

Wow a paid vacation for the cop.

Steve @ 6/25/2013 9:14 AM

I am a sport bike rider, the officer was 'pumped' but so what, it ended well. Perhaps the officers son died on a motorcycle, or his dog just died or his wife just divorced him or he is working over time to pay for his brothers knee surgery who the heck knows. All well that ends well .