Three Fla. Cops Fired for Ducking Calls

Three Miami-Dade Police officers have been fired, after an internal affairs investigation found them avoiding dispatch calls. The officers spent the time shopping, meeting a girlfriend, and drinking coffee. Read the full story here.

February 06, 2013
4340 views

Tags: Miami-Dade PD, Officer Misconduct, Internal Investigations, Officer Fired

Jim B. @ 2/7/2013 6:26 AM

I'm usually not one to jump to conclusions but the story, as presented, is pretty damning. I find it hard to see any reasonable justification for the actions (or inaction) of the officers.

Shon @ 2/7/2013 3:28 PM

Thanks a lot you friggen lazy pieces of crap! You'll have a lot more time for your girlfriends/boyfriends and cuban coffee now.

The Chosen One @ 2/8/2013 12:48 AM

No other police department would be dumb enough to hire 3 ex-cops knowing they lied about what they claim to do on their duty.

Someone could have gotten killed or died waiting for help.

Cmdr Scott @ 2/8/2013 8:13 AM

I am always amazed at how we as police officers shoot ourselves in the foot. We seem to think it's ok to protect officers who do these things maybe in fear of being caught ourselves. We chastise officers who don't walk the thin blue line. We protect brothers and sisters who "have our back" but will blow off a risky call. I admire an officer who has the courage to say "cut the $hit!" you're making us look bad. I am almost embarassed now a days to say I am a police officer, the stigma is almost akin to an ambulance chaser or used car salesman .
Now of course the tough, disgruntled, you haven't been screwed over by "the man" cool, hard core, officers will say...if your embarased to be an officer why don't you quit and make everyone happy. I would counter, becuase it just makes more room for the fools who think their badge automatically earns respect. It doesn't anymore, you have to prove you're worthy to the public, not to your fellow officer who takes a bribe, beats a handcuffed suspect for smarting off, or will lie to protect their own A$$. I once read in a post, lets bring back the pride in the profession. Although I am not perfect and I don't pretend to be better than the other hard working officers who just want to make a difference. I just want my family, friends and neighbors to be proud of me, and hopefully realize we all wear a badge but we aren't all "just like the rest of em".

Doug @ 3/15/2013 11:48 PM

WOW!!! this is another reason thta the public does not like us. HAND THEM ALL OUT TO DRY !!!!. And she is a SRG! Good JOB INA!!!!!

The crusher @ 3/30/2013 9:34 PM

What loads. I will say this you know everyone knew they were doing nothing, why do you think IA was all over them for so long.