Texas Cop Curses at Teen

View more videos at: http://nbcdfw.com.

A Hurst (Texas) Police officer has been placed on administrative leave for cursing at a teen he arrested. The arrest was captured on cell-phone video. Read the full story here.

November 27, 2012
3762 views

Tags: Citizen Video, Internal Investigations, Hurst (Texas) PD

Jim A @ 11/27/2012 7:13 PM

Oh, poor teenage boy. He got swore at. WAAAA! Did anyone know he was "only a poor 17 year old" while they were rolling on the ground with him, attempting to get him in custody? Well, he was resisting arrest and all bets are off when that happens. Expect to lose. He was not giving up when the second officer got there. And I do not really feel the officer was "playing to the camera". Where that was not the best presentation of his ID, that is essentially what he was doing. My opinion - and you are allowed yours.

Nichole @ 11/28/2012 5:50 AM

This is ridiculous. The kid was resisting, his friend even told him not to. And the whole thing to the camera at the end? How about adrenaline?

Derrick @ 11/28/2012 8:47 AM

I agree Jim. The kid is not a little helpless baby or something. He was resisting the first officer and he requested assitance. He was still resisting when the 2nd officer arrived on scene. So some profanity was used, so what. They hear worse on some of these hip hop hard core rap songs. He shouted into the camera his name and badge number which might not be appropriate but, is what most people want. Some of this is the teenagers fault.

M.Conner @ 11/28/2012 9:08 AM

WOW! The kid was resisting and was handled as so. I follow a very simple rule. I assume I am being video and audio recorded at all times regardless of the situation. I try and conduct myself in such a manner that I will not regret anything I say or do. Although I am not always successful, I think it makes me better in my profession.

RICHARD ISAACS @ 12/3/2012 7:02 PM

BLESS THE LORD I DID MY 20 PLUS AND RETIRED. I TRULY FEEL FOR YOU YOUNGSTERS JUST STARTING OUT. YOUR HANDS AND LEGS ARE BOUND AND YOUR LIPS ARE SEWN SHUT. IF I HAD IT TO DO AGAIN THE ANSWER WOULD BE A RESOUNDING NO.

Mitch Tanner @ 1/4/2013 9:23 AM

He was fired for cursing???!!! WTF He WAS resisting, they determined excessive force was NOT used but fired him because he used profanities during the arrest against their policy. I guess the 17 yr old has never heard the F word nor do his friends ever use it because it is soooo offensive and disturbing. Thank goodness my department policy is "Officers should refrain from the use of profanities during interactions with the public and making arrests.." So basically it's discouraged but not anything we can be fired or suspended for. I really hope he gets his job back and I hope the suspect doesn't get one cent from the city.

Rob @ 1/5/2013 6:31 AM

This is happening all over the country, officers being fired for doing their jobs. This thug has now been empowered to continue resisitng, evading, and fighting the law because he "won" before. Swearing was not the issue, the issue was a 17 year old thug who has no respect for society. Currently it seems anything can "bring discredit upon the department."

Bob@Az. @ 1/7/2013 6:01 PM

Yup. Punk kid with a greedy mother (?) and a ambulance chasing lowlife. One good cop gone and a candy-ass chief kissing ass. I'd be ashamed to sport tin with that departments logo. Got a feeling that the Officer will find employment with a REAL department soon.

Bob T.retired NYS LEO @ 1/7/2013 6:57 PM

Over 4 decades ago when I started as a young cop this nonsense we saw in the recording was common and a good few shots of the baton, just to sting to teach a lesson was common place. When Off's were angry or stressed we used expletives and it was just part of the job. Our supervisors stood by us. As Richard said, I am glad I am retired. Today is so different, you get fired for doing your job and for using an expletive. Now the highest court in the land says you cant make a car stop because a motorist gives you the finger or an Italian salute, but the wimpy spineless Chief will fire an Officer for a few expletives made under duress. When I was a kid, as with many of us, I did some mischief too, but in those days the cop would give me a shot with the baton in the behind and the message was clear. Then he'd go tell your parents and you would really get your behind kicked and sworn at. There is no respect anymore and to complicate matters the job has become so liberal due to restrictions and the fear of law suits , your hands are tied.

tmpaweslaco @ 1/12/2013 7:02 PM

Like always the police officers are the bad guys! If the mother would have taught her child to be orderly and respecful of rules and laws, society would not have problems with these two young male delinquents.