Officer's Daughter Fights To Save His Job

An Anderson (Ind.) Police officer's 11-year-old daughter posted a 4-minute video to YouTube in which she shows notecards imploring city leaders not to lay off her father as budget cuts loom. Read the full story here.

October 12, 2012
2240 views

Tags: Families of Officers, Anderson (Ind.) PD, Budget Cuts

Cpl Rivera @ 10/15/2012 11:41 AM

My heart and prayers go's out to you little sister. God will make a way for your dad, I have been there to and we made it. Keep your hope and dreams. He will succeed.

Larry E. Alexander @ 10/15/2012 5:56 PM

I'm so proud of this little girl standing in the gap for her father. I'm so thankful she isn't afraid to stand for what she believes in. God says, "I'm they way, the truth, and the life." There is no doubt God is taking special noticed on this situation. We've been there too little sister, and God does redeem your prayers and dreams, don't stop please don't stop believing in your dreams, even when you want to don't. I will be in deep prayer and put this out to my prayer teams, be safe sister, and let dad know help is on the way.

givenup @ 10/16/2012 5:41 AM

This is stooopid. I hate it when adults use their kids as their propaganda. How do you think all the people that "daddy" put in jail feel about having THEIR dreams destroyed?

S.S @ 10/16/2012 9:37 AM

Go home and do us a favor givenup@. Moron. You clearly don't get it dumbass. Good for you "daddy's girl". No harm in what you're doing, and your heart's in the right place. Good luck.

Steve @ 10/16/2012 10:40 AM

Givenup you have to be a MORON, those that were arrested by this Little Girls Daddy did it to themselves, you must not have been hugged growing up or you were brought up in a home with abuse and your Mom or dad were arrested many time because the were MORONS. Just SHUT UP you IDIOT.

TERRY ZECH @ 10/17/2012 11:59 AM

Good Luck to you little lady. I will find the page and sign that petition. Dreams are what you look to make real.

Solawbuster @ 10/18/2012 7:25 AM

given up....... you have expressed you opinion of what you think. The Officer was doing his job to protect innocent people and putting bad people away for what they did wrong!!!! They made a choice to break the law and now they pay the punishment. So don't judge the little girls dad for doing his job!!!!!!!! I applaude the little girl for what she is doing for her daddy. I wish more kids learn the value of the parents dreams, so one day their dreams will come true. I know that the little girl did not tell her daddy what she was doing, but just trying to save his job before it was to late!!!!!

Texas Peace Officer @ 10/18/2012 9:29 PM

Hey there little girl, You hang onto those dreams. I think that things are going to be just fine. If by some chance they don't go as you want them to right now; know that you have stood up for a good thing, your daddy has raised you to have a good heart and please know that Texas will welcome you and your daddy in our great state. We need more Texans like you.

S.S @ 10/19/2012 7:51 AM

Texas Peace officer is right. If things don't go out like you planned come to Texas. We're always on the lookout for good men and women for our police depts. here in Texas. Here in El Paso, Tx. we do offer lateral transfers. Good Luck,

Joshua @ 10/22/2012 12:56 AM

Well if the people we lock up would make better decisions, then they wouldn't have to worrk about going to jail and losng their jobs. It's easy for people to blame the police for ruining their already destroyed lives. I'm proud this little girl cares about her family, and what happens to them.

Sgt. Mike @ 11/1/2012 8:07 PM

Sweet girl, her father is a lucky man. Good luck with the job brother.

Nico @ 1/3/2013 2:08 PM

This daddy has been blessed by a wonderful angel...his daughter. Not many kids are into their fathers work life...but she sure seems to be, and realizes the importace and the passion her father has for the job.
What a beautiful angel of a daughter this officer has been blessed with. I am sure everything worked out. Just another reason why I really never liked city PD's myself. I have been city, state and county. County is the best way to go.