Digital Magazine FAQ
What is a Digital Magazine? What are the benefits?
The publishers of Police Magazine are happy to offer you a powerful Digital format with the same layout, text, and advertisements as the print version. The digital format offers a paper-like reading experience, but with many advantages possible only in digital format, including
- Automatic delivery of every issue directly to your computer via the Internet as soon as it hits the newsstand, often before you would receive it through the regular mail.
- The ability to read your magazines anytime, anywhere.
- A hyperlinked Table of Contents takes you directly to the articles, features, and sections of most interest to you.
- Quick links to advertisers' sites and additional editorial content on the Web.
- Keyword search that helps you find a topic or name in seconds.
- A "Send to Friend" feature that allows you to send free digital copies of your magazines to colleagues, complete with your notes.
- Paperless archiving. Access to back issues offers fast reference and easy storage.
Does the Digital Magazine contain everything that the print magazine has?
Yes, the digital format offers you the same great content, and the same great design as our print magazine. You won't miss a single article, photo or advertisement.
What else can the Digital Magazine do?
Expanded editorial, animation, videos and podcasts are already part of the Digital Magazine. Expect more features to be developed and expanded with each passing issue.
I want one! How do I sign up?
You can subscribe to the Digital Magazine by clicking here!
Do I have to install any programs?
There are no programs to install! The digital magazine is viewed in your internet browser.
What are the system requirements?
Current Internet Browsers:
MAC – Firefox 2.0 and higher or Safari 2.0 and higher
PC – Firefox 2.0 and higher or Internet Explorer 7 and higher
Flash version 10 or higher
Pop up Blockers turned off
Do I have to be online to read it?
Yes, you must be online to access the digital edition. However yes you can save the entire issue, or just selected pages for offline use.
When do I get my first issue?
You get your first issue as soon as you subscribe! There will be a link in the confirmation email which allows you to view the current issue immediately.
How do I know when the next issue is available?
As soon as each new issue is released, you will receive an email with issue highlights and a link directly to the latest issue.
How do I navigate the Digital Magazine?
- Turn pages: Click the outside corner of any page to go forward or backward a page. You can also use the arrows at the top of the page (located in the navigation bar) to advance either one page at a time or to the start/end of the issue.
- Zoom in/out: To zoom in, simply click what you want zoomed in on. To zoom back out, simply click again.
- Print: Select the print option in the navigation bar and indicate which pages to print.
- Forward to a friend: Select the share option in the navigation bar, enter the applicable email address and whether you want to share one page or the entire issue, include an optional note and click send.
- Search: Select the search option in the navigation bar and search by word or phrase across a specific issue or all issues.
- Back Issues: Select the previous issue link in the navigation bar to view all available archived issues.
How much does it cost?
In an effort to promote the Digital version, we are currently offering this for free. So to get digital only, without the print version, or to ADD the digital to your existing print subscription it is free. Take advantage now because this policy may change in the future.
I’m not in the United States, is the Digital Magazine still available?
Yes! The Digital Magazine is a great alternative for Canadian and Foreign subscribers, as delivery is instant!
I’m already a print subscriber; can I add the Digital Magazine?
Yes, you can add the digital version to your existing subscription at no extra charge. Simply call, click or write to us using the contact info on the customer service page.
Can I switch back from digital to print?
You can also switch from digital back to print using the same methods as above.
Who do I contact with additional questions regarding my subscription?
Just like our print subscribers, our digital subscribers can get in touch with customer service at any time using the info on our customer service page.
Who do I contact with technical problems?
If your question wasn’t covered by any of the above information, please feel free to email us at [email protected] for support.