Hide and Chic Purse Holster - DeSantis
This women's concealer offers an ingenious hidden handgun compartment that is...

Video: NYPD Cop Tells Vendor to 'Blow Me'

October 15, 2013  |

VIDEO: NYPD Cop To Street Vendor: 'Blow Me'

A female NYPD officer is facing a civilian complaint for telling an ice cream vendor to "blow me" during an argument in front of the Herald Square Macy's.

The Midtown South patrol officer, who has been identified only as Officer Melidones, barked at a Mister Softee vendor who she was ticketing for occupying a no-parking zone on West 34th Street, reports the New York Post.

The vendor filmed the officer telling him, "What is wrong with you? Blow me, bitch. Blow me!"

The vendor has filed a complaint with the Civilian Complaint Review Board and is claiming the officer was harassing him.

Tags: NYPD, Professional Image, Gaining Compliance, Parking Enforcement

Edwin Johnston @ 10/15/2013 4:10 PM

OMFG this poor street vendor was subjected to words "it" had heard before and even less. You pansies get over it and screw you!

LLC @ 10/15/2013 9:38 PM

Unprofessional, antisemitic and plan stupid on the part of this officer. Nobody is perfect but the badge and uniform demands perfection. Leave your boneheaded thoughts and acts behind when you step into the uniform. She can at best do that couldn't she.

Just the Facts @ 10/17/2013 12:17 PM

I do not think the uniform demands perfection, no one is perfect. I do beleave the uniform or badge deserves respect. And it would be hard to get respect if an officer acts like this, to or in front of the public.

DJM @ 10/17/2013 12:17 PM

Highly unprofessional and I'm sure not representative of the core values of the NYPD. Send her for an IME and provide the tools to change her behavior or show her the door to retirement. Maybe a job as a street vendor is more her style.

DRG @ 10/17/2013 12:18 PM

This gal is still carrying a wheelgun in a swivel holster?!?!?!

Capt. Crunch @ 10/17/2013 3:34 PM

I enjoyed the video. Whats wrong with having a little clean fun on the job.

Bman @ 10/17/2013 3:57 PM

While amusing, I am bothered by yet another video of NYPD officers not knowing how to do their job in a professional way. Her duty gear reminds me of Chicago officers with wheel guns and absolute crap for gear and uniforms. Message: If your too lazy or cheap to upgrade your equipment, law enforcement is not the job for you. You are a risk to us all. This is another example that makes me think the bigger the city, the less professional officers are but yet so many have the holier than thou attitude. I just wish bigger agencies would lead more in all areas instead of just budgets and technology.

bob retired leo @ 10/17/2013 6:31 PM

When I was with NYPD many years ago, we are issued that cheap leather gear which we pay for in the Academy. I never knew of the "fancier leather". Some officers wore their gear for 20 years and never polished it. One officer purchased basket weave and it really looked great. He was told it was not issue and to get rid of it. When I left and went to work in Florida, I saw leather that looked so cool. The hi gloss that the troopers wore and the basketweave, and buckelless belts. I purchsed the basketweave and kept it polished. It looked so good, that after retirement another officer bought it from me. I still have the old NYPD issue in great shape along with the old type 38 caliber holster.
As for attitude, I was just out of the Navy during Nam and expletives were a way of daily chat. However, I recalled growing up in the projects and the Housing Police treated us like subhuman because we were poor. I remembered that always and curbed my mouth and referred to people as SIR or MAAM.

Richard Jellicoe @ 10/17/2013 7:08 PM

I have to wonder what the female officer has that she wanted to be "Blown" or is she an EMO male officer in disguise

James @ 10/18/2013 4:35 AM

I am not sure if it was joking horseplay/joking, but she was tacky and unprofessional in the least, and lest we forget, if this was a male officer he would have been fired seconds after this was seen. So if we have to hold standards for male officers then we should apply the same standards for this nasty act. Frankly most corporations would have taken disciplinary action for this, so if the garbage man is expected to act better than she did, then so should an officer.

Edwin seems to forget we once in this nation had higher standards for everyone, and it's high time we should as a society start to demand a little better of everyone and not lower the standards of behavior universally.

M @ 10/19/2013 11:08 AM

Edwin, there is such a thing as professional bearing. LEO's are expected to set the example and have higher standards. This was very unprofessional behavior, and it wouldn't be tolerated in my department. Not sure who your "pansies get over it and screw you" comment was directed at, those of us who feel she was unprofessional or the citizen that complained (who you refer to as an "it") Please clarify.

CT LEO RET @ 10/19/2013 12:35 PM

I know we didn't get to hear or see the entire encounter between the 2 of them and I don't like to Monday morining quarter back, but, I'd say that it's safe to say she's out of line for doing her ballet routine and then telling the citizen to "blow me bitch"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

R G Montgomery @ 10/21/2013 7:23 AM

I have been negatively impressed with NYC as a whole for many years. I've worked with several people from NYC; to a person they are proud to be from NYC and therefore they '...don't care!' I find that offensive and incompetent.

From the words of Bob (prior comment) the NYPD issues cheap leather. Not only that, but the reported shootings available to the public tell a tale of rather shoddy training (and who knows what gets hidden?)

However, much in the same way as Los Angeles Police (and County Sheriff's Office), NYPD needs to be essentially disbanded and re-formed. But - in New York and Los Angeles - the political faction that owns the city have too much to lose to allow such an alternative.

For those honest lawmen (including women) in the NYPD and LAPD - all six of you - my condolences and my prayers.

JM @ 10/21/2013 11:35 AM

Wow well normally I’m not quick to judge either, but after 27 years on the job myself, I can say she’s an embarrassment and a disgrace to the badge, regardless of what happened before the camera turned on... I would also have to recommend drug/alcohol testing, because if she wasn’t in the uniform and was just some person on the street, I would suspect she’s under the influence of something the way she was acting.

Jay. @ 10/22/2013 6:18 AM

America a nation of victims. No one can say anything without the other person's pussy hurting.

mike @ 10/22/2013 10:26 AM

It's nice to be judged by security guards, small-town constables and other "action heroes" who maybe deal with one irate citizen a year. How much more professional you look with your $800.00 leather gear, uniform adornments and PX-soldier awards!

Eugene Natkong @ 11/15/2013 1:54 PM

I used to work for Alaska State Troopers many years ago and I know for a facts that our dept post commander demands high quality performance from us including how we present ourselves in public and any deviations or behaviors we will be reprimanded & disciplined for and put on noticed.

This happened twice to me, if this was in Alaska she would be severely deciplined and put on notice, perhaps NYPD is more relaxed in disciplinary than we are.

Linda @ 11/15/2013 5:10 PM

Whether you want to rag on her city, her gender, her gun, or that her leather isn't nice (?), take note that cameraphones are EVERYWHERE. Unless you're perfect 24-7 your whole career, you are not immune to being recorded and misrepresented. What an absolute fool she was.

Joe @ 11/17/2013 7:48 AM

Is this even a real cop? Does NYPD still have wheel guns?