Hide and Chic Purse Holster - DeSantis
This women's concealer offers an ingenious hidden handgun compartment that is...

Minneapolis Chief Marries Sgt. Partner

August 20, 2013  |

Minneapolis Police Chief Janeé Harteau and her partner on and off the force Sgt. Holly Keegel got married Friday, the Minneapolis Star Tribune reports.

The couple has been together for 25 years and waited till now to wed in order to take advantage of the Aug. 1 law that gave same-sex couples the right to marry in Minnesota.

Tags: Police Chiefs, Minneapolis PD, Gay and Lesbian Officers

John @ 8/20/2013 8:22 PM

Ever hear of "fraternization? Says alot about the department if the Chief has a Sgt. girlfriend.

Bruce @ 8/20/2013 8:47 PM

Good for them!! Wishing them the very best. The headline is certainly misleading, I seriously doubt they even come close to resembling a partnership on duty. Guess some would like to see the old way, when the male chief was married and had a beat wife on the side. Couldn't hang with a female officer, since there weren't any. Law enforcement has come a long way and women have finally broken the glass ceiling. No longer do gay members of the profession have to hide in the closet.

John @ 8/20/2013 10:19 PM

Says alot about Minnesota.

Greg @ 8/21/2013 4:17 AM

Seems like fraternization doesn't apply to some protected groups like racism/hate crimes doesn't apply to others.

How special for Minnesota.

Mikew @ 8/21/2013 6:57 AM

And this is a story??? Why???

J. B. @ 8/21/2013 7:27 AM

WRONG....

B.T. @ 8/21/2013 9:26 AM

San Fran Minneapolis

DPB @ 8/21/2013 2:42 PM

Bruce, go back in your hole!!! No! not that one. The other one, in the ground!

Chuck @ 8/21/2013 3:35 PM

Who the Fu@k cares and just exactly how is this news worthy? there are officers being shot and killed everyday, we are losing our jobs, having our benefits and retirement cut, being attacked on every front, how about leaving your personal sh!t at home, bring your A game to work and take advantage of being the leader of the ship. un-freaking-believable.

Marshal Fine @ 8/23/2013 5:59 AM

Used to work at a PD that had a straight couple (married) on the dept. He/Chief , her/Deputy.......... was so much fun........... Not sure why/how this is news for us... racy?? I don't know or care for that matter. I am worried for the other employees, it they do not keep the job/personal life out of the office...
Otherwise, Congratulations to the happy couple!

x @ 9/14/2013 8:10 PM

The comments here are deplorable. I get that there could be an issue of fraternization here, but it's the homophobia that disgusts me. I would love to he a cop, but if this is the kind of bs that awaits me in this supposedly respectable field, I'm seriously reconsidering, as I don't think I would last long among idiots like y'all.

As an aside, congratulations to the new brides, y'all are an inspiration to me. I wish you all the best, may you live happily ever after. And may your daughter bring you much pride and happiness.

Signed,